PhilBru

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He's been in communication with me, but he has also been 'putting' me off, so if I don't get my part of the deal early this week then I'll be opening a dispute with Paypal as well. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update--Negative

Well, I never got my tarantula and I lost my money. I was hoping Philbru could at least have been decent enough to follow through on his part of the deal, but I guess not. I filed a claim with Paypal, and they awarded me in the dispute but they were unable to recover any money.

Last edited:

Tarantulanursery

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thumbs down

Yeah I never got my part of a trade s well. This is the first time I have been taken for a ride trading on this site.

Manny

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I purchased some Ts from Phil and he did send them to me, however, he was advertising a P. fasciata female, and when it got here it was clearly a P. regalis female.
I contacted him and he seemed very sorry and told me to choose something else from his for sale list and he would send that and pay shipping in apology for the mistake. He insisted that I keep the regalis as well.
I chose a large female H. gigas from his list and he promised me he would send it out. I talked to him numerous times and every time he said he would be sending it soon. I even told him that I had just been taken by pokiecollector for $450 and couldn't stand it again, he promised he would send the T.
Its been several months, I haven't seen him on the computer, and have had no contact with him. It is plain that he has no intention of sending the T to me, and that he never did.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
suspicious?

I purchased some t`s fron Philbru about two months ago. One of the T`s I got was supposed to be a G. pulchra. Now after it has molted it looks for like a B. sabulosum, not anything like a G. pulchra. I guess I got burned too. I won`t do business again with him.
Just my thoughts!

Steven

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Further update. I also purchased a "G. pulchra" sling from Phil. Now that it has moulted a couple of times it is plain that it is NOT a G. pulchra. I'm sure he knew quite well that is wasn't one.
And after I posted my negative review of him, he had the guts to pm me and tell me I wasn't being fair or nice to him!!!!
You get what you put out, and he hasn't been fair or nice to anyone who has dealt with him, has he? Also I was not personally insulting or ranting in my post, I called him no names, I merely stated that he had not upheld his end of a deal.
Apparently he has a problem with that, well, isn't that just to bad!!!! I have a problem with buying Ts and not getting what I paid for.

Zeus9699

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Negative

Beware this guy. He sold me a couple of tarantulas and sent me two different ones (after I had already paid him, of course). He apologized and said that the large Lasiodora parahybana had just molted and he didn't want to ship it. He gave me a list of other t's and said not to worry...he would ship mne another one for free. I never received anything after numerous emails so I called him. I got ahold of some guy who said his name was also Phil, but a different Phil (his roommate, he said). He also promised me another tarantula. It's been months and I still haven't received anything. I know he has been banned numerous times so, as they say, buyer beware.

Here are a few of his PM's to me:

9/15/2008
Actually haha my name is Phil but this account is for Phil Brubaker my roommateis Phil juttner dont ask. But for some reason his account got deleted and formed in to mine idk i just contacted the moderators on this. But what were the 2 T's you ordered from him? and ill see if he shipped them.

9/16/2008
Then keep the augustum and ill send you something else of your choice. Or ill send you $40. Like I said i would refund you the money for the other T so no reason to be upset. Also for how much the T's are worth I wasnt selling them for anywhere near what they are worth. So let me know what you would like to do ill ether send you a $40 money order back or ill let you know what else I got for you to choose from its no big deal.

9/22/2008
Sorry I havent been able to contact you back. This is what I have these are from my personal collection and I just dont want things t be sour. But take your pick.

Sri Lanka Ornamental (about 3-4inches)
Fringed Ornamental (same as above)
Mature Adult Female Rose Hair (4-5inches)
3 Sunburst Baboon Slings (bout half an inch)
Giant White Knee (bout 3 inches)
Ornamental Babboon (1.5 inches)
Mexican Red Knee sling (bout and inch)
Antilles Pink Toe sling (bout an inche, beautiful metallic blue color)
Guyana Pink Toe , Female, (bout 3 inches)

I sent him back an email stating that anything from his list would be fine and never heard anything back. Now I find out he has done this to numerous people here. BEWARE!!

PhilBru

Arachnopeon
For anyone that I owe stuff to please email me at philb220044@hotmail.com. Ill either refund your money or send you a tarantula or something from what I have. As for the G Pulchra I did not know that they werent G Pulchra. I had recieved them in a trade with a user named thongy on our first trade. Then on the second trade we did I sent him $600 worth of T's for a colony of arizona bark scorpions and he never completed his part of the deal and since then has vanished. But I will refund the money on those slings or ill send some other type of sling. I have no explanation for any of the things I did and im gonna leave it at that. Just email me with your address and if you want a refund or something else.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
How could you not know that they weren`t G. pulchra? I was suspicious when I first got it but after it motled I was convinced that it wasn`t a G. pulchra. So I am to believe that we are stuck with these? I really don`t expect to be satisfied now. Just curious to see what you are willing to do if anything.

Stevens

PhilBru

Arachnopeon
Also no it isnt the same person so mind your own business. Im doing what I have to do to make things right. So leave me alone and go do something else and stay out of this. This is between me and the people I had wronged and im making everything right and then after this is all over im going to move on with my life. Maybe you should try the same thing instead of trying to start stuff with me or maybe you should go and steal a couple thousand more from your parents so you can buy your bugs. So rick leave me alone go away and after this im out.

Inverts02

Arachnopeon
Im sorry but I just got a pm saying me and philbru are the same person. We are not the same person and Ive had people send my packages and money orders with the name Philip Craig not Philip Brubaker big difference in names and its also hard to cash a money order with 2 different last names. Ill try and see if I can remember the people I was buying stuff from and such. Also the other day I noticed if we were the same person how the hell were we both on at the same time?????

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got quite simple proof.
Inverts02 sent me a pm asking to buy some things from me, stating that your collection died due to an electricity failure in your apartment.
Philip Brubaker also claimed to have lost his entire collection due to an electrical failure in his apartment.
Coincidence?
I think not.
Just give it up, Phil, you aren't fooling anyone, all you're doing is digging your hole deeper and deeper.
Oh, and the name you send a package to doesn't matter, just the address.

Last edited:

Zeus9699

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
NEGATIVE, Once again!

Phil sent me an email out of the blue last week stating that he was going to make things right. He was supossed to send out a replacement tarantula yesterday and guess what??? I never received it, the tracking number or any return emails.

I'm not surprised.

BEWARE!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Same here, I got a pm from him claiming he wanted to make things right, and then he vanished again.
This guy is a jerk!!!!!!!!

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
negative again

Yes Philbru lied to me too. He said I could have a female E. uatuman and that he would ship it out Monday and of course that never happened. Hopefully he is gone for good. What a LOSER!!!!!!!

regards,

Steven

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
He contacted me as well, and offered to 'make things right,' which of course, never happened. I don't understand what the point is of contacting everyone if he has no intentions of following through on it.

He did send me this website--saying it was his, for anyone who is interested.

www.nashuareptileandinverts.webs.com

PhilBru

Arachnopeon
Can you guys just relax. Ive been wicked sick and I havent been able to do anything. Me and my daughter have had a virus and it just wont go away. Plus my taxes havent come in like they were suppose to. As soon as im feeling better im gonna start sending stuff. Dont be so ignorant im not just gonna come back on here for no reason. Today was the first day ive checked my email in days so just relax. I cant just jump up and throw a sick 4 month old kid in a car and just run to the post office to send stuff out. As soon as im feeling better ill let you know the day before I start sending stuff. If you have a problem with it email me stop being childish and keep posting stuff up here. With me paying stuff back that has to do with me and you guys. I still have everything that people wanted in spiders. Or if you dont want to email me my phone number is right on the website which you could have called to maybe see what was going on about it. People get sick and it wasnt my fault that I got sick. But im not gonna kill myself by running around and shipping stuff that isnt gonna hurt anyone even if they got it 6 months from now well it wont be that long. Ive already talked to steve in emails because he actually acted like an adult about this and emailed me to see what was going on. Try and have some patience youll get what I said I was going to give you I have everyones addresses pined to my important paper tack board.

Stevo73

Arachnopeon
lied again!

Well Philbru must have a 3 month flu or something. Its been about a month since I last heard from him and I haven`t gotten anything from him at all. Not that I was expecting anything anyhow because i think he is full of it. Has anyone else gotten anything from him and his "making things right" claim? What a loser!

Regards,

Steven