1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phidippus regius Biotope

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Carnivoran, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Carnivoran

Carnivoran Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hello, I am new to arachnids. I want to start with Phidippus regius. I got a free ExoTerra 8 x 8 x 12inch enclosure. I would like to go for a bioactive, biotope-type enclosure. Any ideas for plants?

Also, do they prey on Isopods? I have a vivarium full of Armadillidium.

What are sling pots?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Welcome to AB! They likely won't prey on isopods, crickets/roaches/flies would be better options. Not sure on plants.

Sling pots? Not sure. Probably smaller containers (vials, etc.) people use for smaller spiders.

3. Gogyeng

Gogyeng Arachnobaron Active Member

4. Carnivoran

Carnivoran Arachnopeon

Thanks for the reply. Any advice on who to buy from?

5. Gogyeng

Pothos (Epipremnumm aureum) is also called the Devil's ivy, common in any garden center, or even in Amazon.
    The palmetto will be harder to find, depending on you location, an it needs space. Alternatively you can try a bromeliad, but it might need more light than the ivy. Also wide choices in any garden center

6. Gogyeng

Phidippus otiosus, a close relative of P. regius lives sometimes in Tillandsia, a garden plant. Thats how it manages to come to Europe as a stowaway...:happy:

7. squidkid

squidkid Arachnoknight Active Member

phidippus audax is native in Louisiana so it might be easier to wild catch

8. BenLeeKing

BenLeeKing Arachnosquire Active Member

Or you can also replicate their natural habitat — a porta potty