Petpeaves and tarantulas

Avic52300

Arachnopeon
Anyone have pet peeves/OCD when it comes to owning tarantulas? Whether it be something to do with rehousing, feeding, general care, other tarantula owners, people who don't like/own tarantulas, etc.

For example, I absolutely HATE when people refer to tarantulas as "Bugs." Technically yes, but they are so much more than "bugs," and only people that own tarantulas get what I'm saying.

(P.s. I know a pet peeve and OCD are no where near the same)

Swoop

Arachnosquire
Uh oh... I refer to all invertebrates as bugs...

When people forget that we're all in this hobby for fun and people get enjoyment from different aspects of the hobby.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My arboreals shitting on the glass doors of their enclosures.

"Do it on the bloody floor you beautiful, beautiful scoundrels!!!!!!!".

Avic52300

Arachnopeon
Uh oh... I refer to all invertebrates as bugs...

When people forget that we're all in this hobby for fun and people get enjoyment from different aspects of the hobby.
If you are referring to me, I'm just askin dude. I know we are all in it for fun and enjoy different aspects, I just wanted to know some personal things people thought about certain aspects of the hobby, That's all man

Swoop

Arachnosquire
That wasn't directed at you, my bad if it came off that way.

Think of the 'ladder system,' where people suggest starting with NW terrestrials and moving to arboreals then psalmo's then baboons and pokies... Some people have no interest in NW terrestrials though so recommending they start with a T they don't want isn't going to help them.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Well, a small pet peeve is an arachnohater mentioning Raid/HotShot or "getting a shoe" as a joke.

Don't have a lot of pet peeves -- not even upset if someone calls them 'poisonous' instead of 'venomous' really.
I accept there is a certain amount of ignorance towards T out there by those with no wish to learn more about Ts.
Life.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Having to retrieve uneaten prey. I really dislike it. Unfortunately most of my Ts are dainty eaters so I must practice acceptance.

Leila

Arachnobaron
When the feeder-invert runs directly into the tarantula's hide/tunnel... :rage: I have to miss out on all the action of the hunt and attack :(

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Anyone have pet peeves/OCD when it comes to owning tarantulas? Whether it be something to do with rehousing, feeding, general care, other tarantula owners, people who don't like/own tarantulas, etc.

For example, I absolutely HATE when people refer to tarantulas as "Bugs." Technically yes, but they are so much more than "bugs," and only people that own tarantulas get what I'm saying.

(P.s. I know a pet peeve and OCD are no where near the same)
When people who don't own Ts ask "so what do you do with them?"

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
My biggest pet peeve is when folks hound newbies about the necesssity of using scientific names, but can’t seem to practice proper binomial nomenclature:meh:

basin79

ArachnoGod
When the feeder-invert runs directly into the tarantula's hide/tunnel... :rage: I have to miss out on all the action of the hunt and attack :(
That happens all to often and I upload to youtube, twitter and Instagram (what? I like to show off my pets). On the one hand I'm happy they're "happy". On the other I'm thinking you bloody stupid cricket.

Avic52300

Arachnopeon
When people who don't own Ts ask "so what do you do with them?"
"What do you do with them?"

"Well, sometimes we go on long walks on the beach, share a bottle of wine. He can play fetch and play dead, we also use sign language to communicate. He's currently enrolled in online school, he wants to be a doctor" lol