1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet pals?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by minax, Oct 2, 2002.

1. minax

minax Arachnoknight Old Timer

Has anyone used the hagen small pals pen living world cages ? They are superior to pet pals and priced comp.They have a blue lid of much better design . Many sizes to choose from , I think pet pals are o.k. in the larger sizes , but the popular mini size sucks! The lid is poorly manuf. ; makes too much noise, and lots of sharp edges. Also they are hard to cover effic. for humid species. You can purchase the hagens at ; Petsmart, some local pet shops, and That Pet Place. I've been using them for about 6 mon. with great results, my Aphono. 's burrow around the side and you can see the whole burrow.
  2. savian

savian Arachnoknight

I have never had any problem with the mini kitter keepers. That and the aquatic garden mini's. For some reason they what to much around here for the other ones. And I like to see the color of my T's that blue tint is annoying. Plus I am able to stack the kitter keeper with out worrie of them falling over.:D ;) :)
  3. JacenBeers

JacenBeers Arachnoprince Old Timer

I would have to agree that the blue tint it the most irritating thing ever.
  4. Al Muoio

Al Muoio Arachnosquire Old Timer

I have two of the 2.5 gal or so and my T's seem to like it but I prefer a 10 gal tank. You can get them for about 8 bucks now. If too big, put a divider (non transparent) and make two homes in it.
  5. Midwest Art

Midwest Art Arachnoknight Old Timer

Pet Pals

I use some pet pals for my terrestrial species. Pet pals dry rather quickly so I use them with species from drier climates.

I use the taller ones for breeding my avics.

They are (should be) more difficult to escape from (especially if you close the lid) lol

6. Al Muoio

Al Muoio Arachnosquire Old Timer

Those pal pen living cages (blue tinted) has less ventilation in the cover. I put plastic rap on 3/4 of my screen on the ten gal tank. Seems to be working well.
  7. atavuss

atavuss Arachnoprince Old Timer

I don't care for the hagan's brand for the reason that they do not stack, when space is at a premium stackable enclosures work best for me.