1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pepper Growers?

Discussion in 'Live Plants' started by pannaking22, Jun 14, 2018.

1. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Out of curiosity, has anyone started peppers indoors? I'm planning to start some habaneros, scotch bonnet, aji lemon drop and maybe a few others for my parents garden in mid-Jan./early Feb. Was planning on just using a heat mat until they germinate and then after transfer them to a soil-less seed medium and then putting them under a fluorescent light. Think that would work?

2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoemperor Active Member

I don't know much about soil-less medium, but I've seen people do it before, so I think your setup would be good.

3. BenWilly

BenWilly Arachnosquire

I started my ghost peppers this year (back in Feb) using a reptile heat pad and damp paper towels in gallon ziplocs , worked out good. Dried some of the peppers for seed and doing it again next year. But I transplanted them into a soil mix and then planted them outdoors

• Like Like x 1
  4. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh Arachnosupporter

That's what I did in previous years, but just wanted to start earlier. Looks like I'm just going to buy some well started plants when spring comes.

5. bugmankeith

bugmankeith Arachnoking Old Timer

BBD8E29D-951C-4952-A2E7-7B43B11C1E53.jpeg 37A72B76-3033-4D52-BD0F-2C12B7B7D66E.jpeg 4573FE8B-054D-4F19-B669-A4765A147CA1.jpeg I’ve been hybridizing peppers for years. My first crosses were the variegated; ornamental hot peppers. From those offspring I then crossed with a sweet bell pepper, the result is a hot pepper that tastes like it’s dipped in sugar.

• Like Like x 3
  6. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

That would be a big hit over here. The entire country are pepper heads on a sugar rush.

• Like Like x 1