1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pepper Growers?

Discussion in 'Live Plants' started by pannaking22, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnosquire

Poland
    Advertisement
    I have made some pics today. Almost all of my plants already start to form fruits, can't wait to try it;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lemon drops soon will be ready.

[​IMG]

And my indoor collection, its more for fun, and decorations, but plants are growing really well, and I expect some nice fruits also;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Beautiful, congrats on the fruit! Those are some beautiful plants. Just checked to see how mine are doing, and it looks like some sort of bee or wasp is clipping pieces of the leaves. Damn things :grumpy: Hopefully they don't do enough damage to stop the pepper production.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

Here is my 3 year old Carolina Reaper. I have a four year old bhut jolokia as well

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnosquire

Poland
    Nice! I hope I will be able to keep some of mine plants through winter, indoor ofc. Its not gonna be so easy since winters in Poland can be really severe.

5. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

It's not as difficult as you may think. Cut the plant down to a stump and just keep from freezing but not too warm. If slightly cool plant will become semi dormant until it gets warm and sunny enough to return outside

• Like Like x 2
  6. pannaking22

Stupid heat wave caused my plants to drop all their flowers, but temps are going to be below 100 again for a few days. My gypsy pepper plant has three pods on it right now, just waiting for them to ripen. I think my red bell might be about to produce a pod, but that one has been having issues almost since the start. Cajun bell had flowers everywhere, but nothing seems to have happened. I'm hoping the cooler temps will encourage flower production again. Any recommended fertilizers to encourage flowers?

7. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoprince Active Member

I don't know about peppers in particular, but I think a high phosphorous fertilizer usually encourages flowering.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnosquire

Poland
    Just eaten my first:) It was hot (for me) I would say at same level as cayenne. Not so crazy, can be eaten raw with sandwich or something. Taste is really interesting, a little bit sweet, a little bit citrus. I like it. If you really want to try it, I think you can order fruits online somewhere (and you will get seeds extra:).

[​IMG]
    e/
    I have 11 types of chili, and lemon drops are best growing and gives most fruits.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pannaking22

I like the sound of that, I'll have to get some fruits over here this summer/fall :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. WildSpider

WildSpider Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    Growing a couple Anaheims and a Grand Bell. The Anaheims are starting to fruit but the Grand Bell could probably use a little more TLC.

Your guys peppers look like they're doing awesome! Amazed how many you're getting on each plant!

11. Nonnack

Nonnack Arachnosquire

Poland
    Few more pics.

Lemon drops are growing like crazy:

[​IMG]

Habaneros are getting ready. From left Congo Trynidad, Black stinger, Fatali white, and lemon drops. Not so many fruits from plants in those buckets, but I have more in garden. Habanero Congo Trynidad, is so far my favorite, very hot, too hot to eat it raw, but one or two peppers on pizza makes it hot, gives nice taste and aroma, and still don't kill taste of pizza;)

[​IMG]

Also my indoor Congo has made many nice berries;)

[​IMG]