Pelinobius muticus growth rate and cares info questions

sahand

Arachnopeon
How is Pelinobius muticus growth rate given perfect diet, and room temp. Is it OBT fast or more like a G.rosea ?

I am thinking of buying one, but i don't like Ts who take a long time( 3+ years) to get to the 5" mark. So do you guys think i should go for a 1" sling or buy larger Juvi or a young adult?

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
SLOW. :) Raised a male from sling to adult in around 4 years.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4

sahand

Arachnopeon
thx...then i guess I'll wait to find an adult one. 4 years is a lot...i might not even be in the hobby then:d

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was going to encourage you to get a muticus sling anyway, because they impart real patience and an appreciation for the species that isn't quite the same with the "one year to mature" type tarantulas. However, they are probably not for you if you're doubting how long you will even be staying in the hobby...

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
thats the great thing about this species is their beauty and growth rate. nothing is more rewarding than raising one of these from a sling and getting a gorgeous mature female after all that time.

sahand

Arachnopeon
I was going to encourage you to get a muticus sling anyway, because they impart real patience and an appreciation for the species that isn't quite the same with the "one year to mature" type tarantulas. However, they are probably not for you if you're doubting how long you will even be staying in the hobby...
hey I have nothing against the hobby, infact I love it, its just that i cant predict my future.

Last edited:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
hey I have nothing against the hobby, infact I love it, its just that i cant predict my future.
Have you tried psychics, horoscopes, oui jui boards, and fortune tellers? Perhaps a good gypsy with references.

McGuiverstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know the slow growth rate is one of the things I found intriguing about them. While many other OWs grow pretty quickly, P. muticus takes it's good old time and really makes the wait worth while in my opinion. Just got a beautiful little 1" sling yesterday and I'm hyped to see it grow. I have it in an enclosure that's too deep for it, but I want it to be able to dig until it can't dig anymore haha. This guy is already one of my favorites in my collection. Looks just like a miniature version of his adult counterparts

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am planning on keeping a few of my slings when they get to 2nd instar now, so will revive this thread in 7 years time when the female mature. Even the eggs take ages to get to 2nd instar. Mine have been 1st instar for at least 3 weeks already and show no signs of darkening.

sahand

Arachnopeon
I know the slow growth rate is one of the things I found intriguing about them. While many other OWs grow pretty quickly, P. muticus takes it's good old time and really makes the wait worth while in my opinion. Just got a beautiful little 1" sling yesterday and I'm hyped to see it grow. I have it in an enclosure that's too deep for it, but I want it to be able to dig until it can't dig anymore haha. This guy is already one of my favorites in my collection. Looks just like a miniature version of his adult counterparts
thats awesome

---------- Post added 09-21-2013 at 08:59 PM ----------

Have you tried psychics, horoscopes, oui jui boards, and fortune tellers? Perhaps a good gypsy with references.
no our psychics here aren't as accurate as the one in Naples...

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I am planning on keeping a few of my slings when they get to 2nd instar now, so will revive this thread in 7 years time when the female mature. Even the eggs take ages to get to 2nd instar. Mine have been 1st instar for at least 3 weeks already and show no signs of darkening.

I see you logged on a couple months ago. Wanted to bump this in case you see it and see how your slings are coming along. I know, it's only been three years and a few months, but consider it a progress report haha. Thanks.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Haha, no worries, a couple years is a long time. Plans change. Thanks for replying anyway!

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
I eventually sold off the slings and only kept the original female. :(
Reviving this for a breeding question. I’ve heard they aren’t the easiest species to breed. I recently came into possession of a 3” female and was hoping to breed her in a few years. What’s the trick? And will a 2” male mature before she’s ready?