Peeps and Creeps Exotic Animal Rescue

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I work for a vet that started a non-profit exotic animal rescue called Peeps and Creeps. Most of my job is taking care of the rescue animals. I post pictures all the time on Facebook, but decided to post a few here. I also have some videos. It's a really fun place to work. I hope y'all enjoy!

This is Paco, an African Green Monkey that lives at the clinic. He was rescued from a woman who was keeping him illegally in a bird cage somewhere in New Mexico. His favorite foods are lettuce, fish sticks, PB&J without the bread, and pop tarts. He also really likes Flaming Hot Cheetos. {D
(Click to enlarge pictures)

Paco grooming my hand

This is Paco in a bad mood, he doesn't really like cell phones, and we were also moving a lot of things around. He doesn't really like changes.
[YOUTUBE]Iy0dOpIJWS0[/YOUTUBE]

stevetastic

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I work for a vet that started a non-profit exotic animal rescue called Peeps and Creeps.

His favorite foods are lettuce, fish sticks, PB&J without the bread, and pop tarts. He also really likes Flaming Hot Cheetos.
And the vet allows him to eat that?:?

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Little Ben, a not-so-exotic resident. His owners didn't care for him properly, and he suffered a spinal cord injury because he was allowed to jump off their very high front porch. When caring for an incontinent, parapalegic dog got to be too much, they dumped him at the pound. My boss, who had been working with Ben since his injury found him there, and now he lives at the clinic. This was right after he got his "cart".

[YOUTUBE]6WlL9hQB6Uo[/YOUTUBE]

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And the vet allows him to eat that?:?

It's not exactly his staple diet. He gets a wide variety of foods, those are just the things he likes the most. They are omnivores, like humans. Paco is really picky, and has a definite sweet tooth.

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is an injured juvenile Merlin Falcon feeding on a mouse. The bird was brought to us after it hit a car. Unfortunately, he didn't survive.

Warning: graphic!

[YOUTUBE]Q1-T6m5OG4I[/YOUTUBE]

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Little Ben, a not-so-exotic resident. His owners didn't care for him properly, and he suffered a spinal cord injury because he was allowed to jump off their very high front porch. When caring for an incontinent, parapalegic dog got to be too much, they dumped him at the pound. My boss, who had been working with Ben since his injury found him there, and now he lives at the clinic. This was right after he got his "cart".
The clinic I was a tech at had a Daschund with a "wheelchair." My boss had 2 of them and their breeder was a client of ours, she brought in one of her breeding females that had suffered a disc injury. The breeder wasn't capable of looking after her the way she needed, so we kept her at the clinic. One of our clients custom made her a wheelchair and she was our mascot for ages. She eventually recovered enough to walk on her own and ended up going to live with my boss and the other 2 daschunds.

Your clinic looks like it's doing awesome things :D

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sad

This is an injured juvenile Merlin Falcon feeding on a mouse. The bird was brought to us after it hit a car. Unfortunately, he didn't survive.

Warning: graphic!

[YOUTUBE]Q1-T6m5OG4I[/YOUTUBE]
Texas Blonde, Nice immature F. c columbarius. Sure looks healthy in the vid and sorry it did not make it. Anyone that has missed watching one of these little guys working an open field with Horned Larks has missed out on the bullet. Sharp-shinned or Cooper's ain't got nothing on these little falcons.
Thanks for sharing,

Terry

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Texas Blonde, Nice immature F. c columbarius. Sure looks healthy in the vid and sorry it did not make it. Anyone that has missed watching one of these little guys working an open field with Horned Larks has missed out on the bullet. Sharp-shinned or Cooper's ain't got nothing on these little falcons.
Thanks for sharing,

Terry

He did well for awhile, then one day just crashed. My boss is the only vet in the area with a wildlife rehabilitation license, so we get a lot of different raptors. Last Friday I helped release a vulture that had been rehabilitated, and we have a Red Tail Hawk that is about ready to be released too. When the Hawk came to us, it couldn't use one wing due to nerve damage, now it can make short flights. It's pretty exciting to see it recover. I'll get a vid of the hawk up later.