Pedeling care

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So anyhow a few weeks ago I had bought a 3" E. Trigonopodus and it did fine for a while. Well it died the other day and I am thinking I maybe kept it too moist? I originally poked very tiny holes in a tupperware container which I know wasn't ventilated too greatly. It seemed to prefer moisture by staying close to the water dish and resulting spillage so I didn't think too much of spraying it down every couple of days.

I am now moving to those better ventilated clear vue critter keepers. I hope this will change things.

Your thoughts?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When pretty young I keep them in delis like this, tall delis with no top, cap of water. The pedes in the first pic are kind of big now though, I could move them. The last pic is of really young ones in cups. I've had trigonopodus, I kept it like heros pedes, like in these pics, same idea anyway. I kept it in a glass terrarium, sand/coco mix, about 50/50, not real moist but not dry either, screen top. I'd let it get a little dry and then pour some water in. Always had a place for it to get water though, upper 70's to mid 80's.