Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Photography courtesy of my girlfriend.

Scolopendra heros arizonensis

Attachments

Last edited:

ILoveHotDogs

Arachnopeon
What is that? S. heros heros? I really like the colouration. How big is it?

Feel free to post some feeding or other action pics.

edit: Looks like you answered my question before I asked it about species, but I have never seen a polymorpha like that. What leads you to that ID?

Ratfinger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was pretty sure it was a polymorpha. Bought it from a reliable source.
Any opinion anyone else?

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm jealous, that's my opinion or is that more of a fact. Those are some really nice quality photos btw, what did you use to take them with?

I'm new to centipedes, what kind of S. Subspinipes is that because it looks really colorful. Is that how they look when they're still young before they become a more solid color as an adult, because I sort of picture it becoming a mai chi type...is it mai chi? :p

Your gf is sort of cool to hang with you and your pedes, my gf just sort of smiles and calls me crazy. She's like "how come you can't get into something cuter like a puppy?"

Between you and I....I'd never go with her to any place that has a lot of puppies and dogs like a dog convention...I'd never get out alive and talk to any of you again. ;P

Ratfinger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is indeed a Mai Chau..
Oh yah, and she uses a Nikon coolpix 8700

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
s. polymorpha, had one but accidently killed it, plenty around my house, very gentle species can be held too but very VERY fast.

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow didn't expect my guess to be correct. I guess that is how mines is gonna look like. Cool.

Nikkons are one of the best cameras out there. I have a cheaper canon, here are some pics, I took picture of the one type of centipede I have at the moment. Tell me what you think.

This one was a bit blurry, maybe cause of lighting, but I threw it in anyway

ILoveHotDogs

Arachnopeon
Ratfinger said:
I was pretty sure it was a polymorpha. Bought it from a reliable source.
Any opinion anyone else?
I just suck at the internet. I was asking about the first pics, and the second set didn't load for me at first so I thought you were saying the S. heros was a polymorpha. The second set of pics is definitely S. polymorpha.

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow...those are some great pictures. :clap:

Ever considered being a science photographer? There are benefits, I mean you get to meet some hot jungle women, growl..... :worship: to the limitless powers of a great photographer

I can't wait until I have a bigger variety of pedes and stuff. Sorta stopped the hobby a few years back, slowly going back.