Parasteatoda tepidariorum egg sac (Surprise!)

MeltDown

Arachnopeon
Lately my house has been full of Parasteatoda tepidariorum and on a whim I decided to keep a female that I caught ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Usually I'll leave web-weaving spiders alone as long as they aren't anywhere inconvenient, but I couldn't really do that this time. I've got her in a critter keeper and have been feeding her camel crickets every so often, but today I checked on her only to find she'd laid an egg sac!! This is the first time a spider in my care has laid one. With how big her abdomen was I probably should've seen this coming, but I had no idea :') I've already decided to put both her and the egg sac outside since I don't really need any more of these little guys in my house, but I'm wondering if I should try to remove them or just put the whole critter keeper out (leaving it open, of course)? I'm also aware that the egg sac might not be gravid, but I don't really want to take any risks. Gloria was really fun to keep, and really beautiful, so hopefully her and her potential brood will be alright :D

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I've already decided to put both her and the egg sac outside since I don't really need any more of these little guys in my house, but I'm wondering if I should try to remove them or just put the whole critter keeper out (leaving it open, of course)?
I would put the enclosure outside, not try to move the egg sac itself.