Paranoid about Incubating A. metallica

Mathayus

Arachnosquire
I had my A. metallica drop a sac two weeks ago tomorrow. I have been keeping up the humidity, and her water dish is always full. I also never open the door to the enclosure, and just mist through the screen top. My question is, is it normal for them not to eat during this time? I plopped a lateralis in there last week, but she didn't touch it after two nights, so i took it out. Her opisthosoma looks very, very shrunken. Any advice?

FrostyCakee

Arachnosquire
I have read that you arent suppose to feed while they are gravid or after they have laid a sac. But i have no real experience so just throwing in my knowledge from the internet :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Totally normal not to eat. Avicularia are good mothers,so no real need to pull the sack.But if you do,30 days and they should all be 1st instars.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dont worry alot of t's stop eating a sac, make sure she has water though and dump some water into the sub - away from her of course to help the humidity. if you remove after like 15 days you should have eggs with legs

ornamentalist

Arachnoknight
i never feed when they have a sac, just mist through the mesh and that will be fine. they will eat soon after you pull the sac (feed her as a way of saying sorry for abducting her children)

hammadyy

Arachnopeon
if you really want to pull the sac I'd say pull it between 21-28 days. :}