Paragaleodes care

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
Just picked up a beautiful and active Paragaleodes sp (I believe from egypt?) and I’ve been doing my best to set it up nicely.

From what I understand, deep substrate that holds its shape for burrowing, and making sure not to overfeed are key. I was also curious how necessary a cold period is for their development, as I know many of the US species require it.

Any additional tips or info would be much appreciated, and I’ll be sure to add photos later!

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't say a cold period, just no extreme temps. Both of mine have sealed themselves off and I only plan on feeding them once they emerge from their burrows.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I wouldn't say a cold period, just no extreme temps. Both of mine have sealed themselves off and I only plan on feeding them once they emerge from their burrows.
I actually after posting this ran into a guide from someone who has bred them overseas, who uses additional heating alongside more frequent feeding with huge success. Supposedly he’s only experienced the issues with overfeeding when he did not provide outside heat.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
That is the exact opposite of what I’ve heard, interesting, can you link/provide the source for that?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
That is the exact opposite of what I’ve heard, interesting, can you link/provide the source for that?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1007237142695429&set=gm.10156849650985635&type=3

Unfortunately what I found is on Facebook which makes it a massive pain to copy/share if it’s old.

This is the “guide” I found through some Facebook searching. If you search various keywords like “Paragaleodes” in the arachnoboards Facebook group, you’ll find other info and posts from the same user, as well as some small bits from others.

Samuska

Arachnopeon
I know this is a super old post but do you have any updates on how your little guy is? I’ve been looking to get a Paragaleodes sp. but I’ve only ever heard they die quite quickly in captivity for whatever reason, or have a super short lifespan.