Parabuthus maximus captive born brood!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Parabuthus maximus gave birth yesterday, snapped the best photo I could without lifting up her hide. I'm pretty damn excited over this, as this species was the first uncommon specie I had success with all the way back in 2011. This is one of the females from that brood, five years later. I think this may also be the first brood in the US from a captive born mother!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Congratulations!
It took a while but your work paid off. Do you have a brood count yet?
Let me know, if or when you sell, I'd like a pair. About time I get a "hot" species. Lol!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations!
It took a while but your work paid off. Do you have a brood count yet?
Let me know, if or when you sell, I'd like a pair. About time I get a "hot" species. Lol!

not yet! She just had them, ill get a count when they leave her back! And it's the perfect time for you to do so too haha!

Zachary Poole

Arachnopeon
I'm in if you ever feel like selling any as well. Also, congratulations. It must feel very exciting.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Much like transvaalicus, my maximus females tend to like to be out and about on strolls, potentially for better hides or more moisture, I am not sure.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
It sure is! Looks like my biggest yet! the WC female I had in 2011/2012 did about 34-35 each time. This is definitely much larger.
Thats awesome!!
Text or call me when they are ready. I've got enclosures, just need 24 hours to set them up. :)

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I need lateralis as always!
I know. Lol!
Have the 6 month cleaning to accomplish, should yield the size you need. Nymphs and >3/8" ?
Well, at least I'll have a late Xmas gift to myself or the first new species of 2017. :)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know. Lol!
Have the 6 month cleaning to accomplish, should yield the size you need. Nymphs and >3/8" ?
Well, at least I'll have a late Xmas gift to myself or the first new species of 2017. :)
All sizes! haha

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Congrats Dustin on the beautiful brood :)
I may have to get some from you as well since this specie was my wife's favorite

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Dustin on the beautiful brood :)
I may have to get some from you as well since this specie was my wife's favorite
I'll have plenty to go around! She's covered her hide again so i assume they're gonna molt to 2i soon

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Babies have finally molted to second instar! They started midday on the 24th and finished today.

There is 51 total healthy second instars. Three died midmolt. Pretty good haul!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Babies have finally molted to second instar! They started midday on the 24th and finished today.

There is 51 total healthy second instars. Three died midmolt. Pretty good haul!

Very nice, Dustin!
I'll be over in 15 minutes to relieve you of some. Lol!