Pandora the Senegal parrot.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
It's important to regularly swap out parrot toys to keep them entertained. These just mean I'll be able to keep things a bit fresher for Pan.
Very true, years ago when I had a parrot he'd break his toys quickly so we had no choice but to replace them often.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Very true, years ago when I had a parrot he'd break his toys quickly so we had no choice but to replace them often.
Pan's not too bad for chewing really. She does like edges but that's it. She does seem to absolutely love chewing through rope or undoing rope knots though.

It's just great seeing her testing out the new toys. Which bits are soft. What moves. Pecking at the bell etcetera.

She spends more time on her cardboard kitchen fort chewing bits than her 3 perches that are dotted around downstairs.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Pan's not too bad for chewing really. She does like edges but that's it. She does seem to absolutely love chewing through rope or undoing rope knots though.

It's just great seeing her testing out the new toys. Which bits are soft. What moves. Pecking at the bell etcetera.

She spends more time on her cardboard kitchen fort chewing bits than her 3 perches that are dotted around downstairs.
To be fair Chavo was actually my mother's parrot. I still lived at home though, this was about 15yrs ago. He was a Hans Macaw. Quite the bite on him. He definitely didn't mind chewing on things. He also likes to throw his toys for us to fetch them lol
That cardboard box castle of hers is a great idea. I can tell she definitely enjoys it :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
To be fair Chavo was actually my mother's parrot. I still lived at home though, this was about 15yrs ago. He was a Hans Macaw. Quite the bite on him. He definitely didn't mind chewing on things. He also likes to throw his toys for us to fetch them lol
That cardboard box castle of hers is a great idea. I can tell she definitely enjoys it :)
Macaws and Cockatoos have phenomenonally strong beaks. For her size Pan can bite but obviously not even close to the larger birds.

She likes to damage things but a lot of toys are made for the larger parrots so she's not able to completely destroy them which is good.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Sorry I misspelled earlier, it's Hahn's. They are a miniature Macaw. Still ridiculous bite strength.
For her size Pan can bite but obviously not even close to the larger birds.

She likes to damage things but a lot of toys are made for the larger parrots so she's not able to completely destroy them which is good.
About how big is she? I've seen other Senegal Parrots before but all I seem to be able to picture in relation is a Sun Conure. Main reason though, I have a "friend" Sun Conure at the shop I buy my crickets from. He is an absolute sweetheart, but so loud. Not to mention $600 puts him well out of my price range.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Sorry I misspelled earlier, it's Hahn's. They are a miniature Macaw. Still ridiculous bite strength.

About how big is she? I've seen other Senegal Parrots before but all I seem to be able to picture in relation is a Sun Conure. Main reason though, I have a "friend" Sun Conure at the shop I buy my crickets from. He is an absolute sweetheart, but so loud. Not to mention $600 puts him well out of my price range.
Senegals are small. Much smaller than an African Grey.

Still can draw blood with just a nip though.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I mean, if Pandora won't be Pandora, it's not as if there's anyone else who could even begin to imitate her.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Senegals are small. Much smaller than an African Grey.

Still can draw blood with just a nip though.
Pfff, as someone who has been bitten by parakeets/budgies let me tell you-- just because the beak is small doesn't mean they can't do intensely painful things with it!

Beautiful girl! Birds are incredible. So intelligent, so funny.

My boy snubs toys too. There are three toys in his cage right now that he's barely touched-- and other toys that he's stripped to the wire/rope. I suppose it comes with the intelligence, being picky and choosing favorites.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Pfff, as someone who has been bitten by parakeets/budgies let me tell you-- just because the beak is small doesn't mean they can't do intensely painful things with it!

Beautiful girl! Birds are incredible. So intelligent, so funny.

My boy snubs toys too. There are three toys in his cage right now that he's barely touched-- and other toys that he's stripped to the wire/rope. I suppose it comes with the intelligence, being picky and choosing favorites.
Pandora doesn't bother with her cage toys. Although she's only in it at night to sleep 99.9% of the time.