Pandinus Imperator

isabel

Arachnopeon
I live in the U.K. near Doncaster. I have been on the hunt for a P. Imperator for a couple of months. My local Jolleys (I know pet shops really aren’t an ideal place to buy them) sells them, although with it being winter now it is becoming exceedingly difficult to get them into the shop. We are ringing up on Monday when they put their orders in for animals to see if it is possible to get one in. I am all set up and ready but just can’t find one!

I have explored other species but nothing appeals to me as much as P. Imperator does and I really don’t want to buy a different species and not be entirely committed because I would prefer a P.’ Do any if you have any idea where I could get one? We asked around a little bit at the November IHS last year but had no luck apart from forests from Pet Factory. There are, however lots of Forests and a few flat rocks around me so I could always get one of those, however something about the appearance of Heterometrus and more agressive nature seems to be putting me off. I am aware how controversial the topic of handling is, so without wishing to start anything, I will say that I would like to be able to occasionally allow said scorpion to walk across and/or sit on my hand. This means that a P. Imperator would be more desirable.

Is anybody aware of where I could find one for £20-£30 around the Doncaster area? The next IHS is in April and I am unlikely to get one there. I am willing to pay postage too, so as long as the breeder is comfortable with it, I will go down that route and it is certainly an option.

isabel

Arachnopeon
I live in the U.K. near Doncaster. I have been on the hunt for a P. Imperator for a couple of months. My local Jolleys (I know pet shops really aren’t an ideal place to buy them) sells them, although with it being winter now it is becoming exceedingly difficult to get them into the shop. We are ringing up on Monday when they put their orders in for animals to see if it is possible to get one in. I am all set up and ready but just can’t find one!

I have explored other species but nothing appeals to me as much as P. Imperator does and I really don’t want to buy a different species and not be entirely committed because I would prefer a P.’ Do any if you have any idea where I could get one? We asked around a little bit at the November IHS last year but had no luck apart from forests from Pet Factory. There are, however lots of Forests and a few flat rocks around me so I could always get one of those, however something about the appearance of Heterometrus and more agressive nature seems to be putting me off. I am aware how controversial the topic of handling is, so without wishing to start anything, I will say that I would like to be able to occasionally allow said scorpion to walk across and/or sit on my hand. This means that a P. Imperator would be more desirable.

Is anybody aware of where I could find one for £20-£30 around the Doncaster area? The next IHS is in April and I am unlikely to get one there. I am willing to pay postage too, so as long as the breeder is comfortable with it, I will go down that route and it is certainly an option.
Please excuse me excessive use of the work ‘however’. I am reading it back to myself having posted and cringing majorly at the sight of my terrible grammar.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I have never seen any sites I use or local reptile shops that have sold Emperors...
The only thing you can do is try looking on facebook and various pet selling sites.

isabel

Arachnopeon
I have never seen any sites I use or local reptile shops that have sold Emperors...
The only thing you can do is try looking on facebook and various pet selling sites.
Okay thank you. I am relient upon Jolleys atm but we could always put a thing on FB and IG if that would help. Thank you x

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +

Have you tried the Classifieds here?

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Have you tried the Classifieds here?
If you contact " ukjoel25 " on RFUK forum he has some but does not post - however he is in the Birmingham area in the new year for a few days to meet with someone else, if you contact him he,s a really nice guy.

isabel

Arachnopeon
If you contact " ukjoel25 " on RFUK forum he has some but does not post - however he is in the Birmingham area in the new year for a few days to meet with someone else, if you contact him he,s a really nice guy.
Brilliant! Thank you. I will go and have a look now x