Pandinus imperator U.S. going prices?

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Simple question.. What are true Emps going for these days? I never got around to getting one before the ban here in the U.S. I know they skyrocketed, and i don't know if i should invest in one or not.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I have heard they can be from $50.00 up to $100.00 and over.. Seems crazy but demand drives the price on all things.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Most of them under $100 some might charge more for females or Gravid females in the hobby world

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
Agreed. I found some 4i imperator for $40, but these weren't posted. From a friend.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've seen everything from $45 for slings all the way up to $125 for juveniles/adults.

It's ridiculous.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I saw a "Backwater Reptiles" selling slings for $25. But if i recall correctly, ive heard bad things about them.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I saw a "Backwater Reptiles" selling slings for $25. But if i recall correctly, ive heard bad things about them.
They weren't even Pandinus, they were Heterometrus. I told them as much but they continued to sell them as emps anyway.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They weren't even Pandinus, they were Heterometrus. I told them as much but they continued to sell them as emps anyway.
Yea I figured they would pull some sketchy shit like that.

Anyone know a trustworthy source to get one?

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If a vendor has "reptile" in their name, don't trust their identification skills when it comes to arachnids, IMO. Especially Pandinus vs Heterometrus.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If a vendor has "reptile" in their name, don't trust their identification skills when it comes to arachnids, IMO. Especially Pandinus vs Heterometrus.
Well I'm a reptile breeder morso than arachnids :p

RTTB

Arachnoprince
It's amazing that I could get P imperator for $5-$10 way back when. I guess over collecting really decimated their numbers. Another reason why captive breeding is oh so important.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's amazing that I could get P imperator for $5-$10 way back when. I guess over collecting really decimated their numbers. Another reason why captive breeding is oh so important.
I have a silly dream of opening a sanctuary for breeding animals that are becoming extinct.. XD

Alexw

Arachnopeon
There was a local place near me that had a "certified true" emperor scorpion and was selling it for $100 or a little more. I can't remember that exact price, but it was between $100 and $150. I wrote it off quickly and ended up getting a huge male flat rock scorpion from another place for $40.

AP34

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a mature male/female (I haven't either). People are buying them for more than that though because they aren't patient/persistent enough to find a reasonable offer. If you look around enough, you'll probably find one eventually. Or, you could settle for a perfectly suitable alternative in P. dictator.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Idealistically I don't think they should ever have been sold for less that $45 but supply and demand dictates that. Imo, around $70 is a fair price, I mean look at those things. But the price is what people will pay of course.

HUNGRYBEASTS

Arachnopeon
i have total of 18 p. Imperator.. 14 juvi and 2 pair adults.. they are really fun to have i have them on a communal setup..
I would say prices can range from 75 to 150 depends on the gender..

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Idealistically I don't think they should ever have been sold for less that $45 but supply and demand dictates that. Imo, around $70 is a fair price, I mean look at those things. But the price is what people will pay of course.
I remember when they were $14.99 at Petco. Sometime a sale would be 2 for $25.00 or something.

Now I see a ton of Heterometrus spp. being marketed as "Emperor Scorpions"