Pandinus Imperator Q

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Please advise: I have a male and female Emperor scorpions in the same enclosure. They have been fine until recently. They share a hide but the male seems to have been kicked out and the female refuses to let him back in. She has come out and kind of moves forward and back like protecting the hide. Should I separate?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I agree with @Roxy machado, adding hides will probably alleviate the problem. If they start sparring or fighting intensely you should separate immediately, as prolonged contact will probably result in deaths. Also watch to see if the female is gravid, as this could result in the female fighting with the male for adequate shelter during the gestation and birth process.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I agree with @Roxy machado, adding hides will probably alleviate the problem. If they start sparring or fighting intensely you should separate immediately, as prolonged contact will probably result in deaths. Also watch to see if the female is gravid, as this could result in the female fighting with the male for adequate shelter during the gestation and birth process.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts
If you have 2 scorpions in an enclosure you need 3 hides if they want to share they will if not they have. the choice not to

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you have 2 scorpions in an enclosure you need 3 hides if they want to share they will if not they have. the choice not to
Thanks for the replies. I am going to try with multiple hides. And she may be gravid.

PureXotics804

Arachnosquire
Please advise: I have a male and female Emperor scorpions in the same enclosure. They have been fine until recently. They share a hide but the male seems to have been kicked out and the female refuses to let him back in. She has come out and kind of moves forward and back like protecting the hide. Should I separate?
I would separate them, my emperor male was almost killed by a female after she became gravid, she attacked him while i was doing cage maintenance luckily and i intervened, but ive also witnessed this behavior in ither gravid scorpions. Additional hides may not save him as my male used to wander the entire tank at night.