Pandinus imperator feeding

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A couple of crickets once a week maybe. Its all down to size, temperatures and the individual scorpion.

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would say an average adult emp would be one cricket every couple days. although some will eat as much as 1 a day. but if it is fasting then it might not eat at all for sometimes a month or so!:eek: basically my point is... try to feed it every couple days, if it doesnt accept it within a few hours take the feeder out and try again in 2 or 3 days. if they are hungry they WILL eat. Also remember, you cant overfeed a scorp. but it will get a little sluggish if stuffed like a pig!!

cheers, steve

dr_hemlock2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
feeding

the ones that i have will eat one a day sometimes one every other day i put two in and let him choose when to eat. the other ones are young ones i just put in a couple at a time and let them hunt them done the female young one i have she is gravid so i figure she will eat the most.
-doc-
:cool:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my littlest emp which ive had for like 2 months now has only ate once and 1/2 i found a dead crix like the same week i got her half eaten then then just the other day she ate a meal worm ( actually a beatle) the other two eat like 3-5 times a week.

nine livez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they keepin track of feeding 60 emp's..... it can get evpensive and messy. <EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:

cashewman1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are u really selling them for 25? Idk i would consider dropping the prices...Alot. The most expensive pet store in town sells em for 25, if i wanted to pay 25 i could just go there and then not have to pay expenesive shippin an dhandling. I dunno i can find em for like 10 dollars here if i really look. But hey if there sellin then best wishes to ya, jus a lil friendly advice incase they arent

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hes in Canada, Maybe thats the average Canadian price?

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
RyanC said:
Hes in Canada, Maybe thats the average Canadian price?
Well, average price for emps in Montreal is 30-40$Can. Saw a tank full for sale at 10$ each once, but that was a sorry looking bunch of scorps
H. arizonensis is around 50$, and you wont find much at less than 30$
Cheapest scorp I've seen (that wasnt a pathetic emp) is 25$
The prices are usually higher because importing issues, and there is a lot less variety because of this:(

thesupermonkey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's just plain silly!
I get mine for 14.99 a pop from the local pet store.
I've been slowly nudging the manager into finding out who supplies their scorps. So I'll be more than happy to pass the info along if I get it.

As far as the original question though. It varies from one scorp to the next. I've got some who will eat a cricket every few weeks. I've got one or two which will stuff their faces full of cricks every other day. And I've got another which will eat anything that hits the viv floor(regardless of size). The viv temp and activity level of the scorp are the biggest factors in how often they will feed.

ectic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Crono said:
Well, average price for emps in Montreal is 30-40$Can. Saw a tank full for sale at 10$ each once, but that was a sorry looking bunch of scorps
H. arizonensis is around 50$, and you wont find much at less than 30$
Cheapest scorp I've seen (that wasnt a pathetic emp) is 25$
The prices are usually higher because importing issues, and there is a lot less variety because of this:(
There is emps for 25-30 around in montreal. I've seen Pandinus Cavimanus running from 26.99$ to 45$CAN also.