Pandinus imperator communal enclosure

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I am gonna do this nice large project where I have a a communal setup of pandinus imperator. So far I have 4 nicely sized juveniles (one male and three females coming). Now for a colony of like 10 or so scorpion adults how big would the tank be? I know that I can get away with 2-4 in a 20 gallon long tank, but I'd like to see a huge communal setup.

Any plastic tubs I can use for this? I know that the care for pandinus imperator is easy.

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/zoo-med-tortoise-house

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For that many 40 gal minimum plenty of substrate and hides. Honestly I see the appeal of a big colony. I really do. But I'd suggest two smaller colonies to ease stress.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
For that many 40 gal minimum plenty of substrate and hides. Honestly I see the appeal of a big colony. I really do. But I'd suggest two smaller colonies to ease stress.
Alrighty, now I gotta find those 40 gallon tubs. How deep should the sub be? Honestly I'm trying to fit this on a shelving unit.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Alrighty, now I gotta find those 40 gallon tubs. How deep should the sub be? Honestly I'm trying to fit this on a shelving unit.
You'll have a lot of them sharing hides and tunnels so just use good judgement. Seven inches is recommended for 1. I would say 8-9 inches you want to give them a little extra since many of them will bundle up.

Mila

Arachnoknight
A fully grown emperor scorpion needs a 10-20 gal enclosure. That ratio doesn't change the more you add. Say 15 gallons to go in the middle. You need a 150 gallon enclosure. Probably best off buying a kiddy pool lmao

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
I only keep one male and two females in a 20 g long and only for breeding. I have two of these set ups. I immediately separate them when gravid. Gravid females can become very cannibalistic, even communal species like these. Very deep substrate and many hides for digging and separating themselves. Even then, they are stressed and I have experienced losses. But this set up has been very successful for me. This is the third litter I have produced in two years. These are TRUE CBB Pandinus imperator just born yesterday! Good luck with your project!

Attachments

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
I only keep one male and two females in a 20 g long and only for breeding. I have two of these set ups. I immediately separate them when gravid. Gravid females can become very cannibalistic, even communal species like these. Very deep substrate and many hides for digging and separating themselves. Even then, they are stressed and I have experienced losses. But this set up has been very successful for me. This is the third litter I have produced in two years. These are TRUE CBB Pandinus imperator just born yesterday! Good luck with your project!
There in a 10 gallon enclosure temporarily since there juveniles. Now as for the sterlite enclosure, now I am thinking maybe two 20 gallon tubs could work for 1.3 male to female emperors. (Two sets of these) or one 40 gallon tub (depends on what I can find online if the dimensions match my shelving unit. Ill post pics.