Pandinus Dictator wont eat...

PhilMcWonder

Arachnoknight
Since I got my scorpion, he has been eating very light...
He ate MAYBE 2 crickets total and I base that off the fact that they went missing after I put them in the enclosure for him...

When I offer him food he avoids it or ignores it.
Is this normal? I dont know how scorps pre-molt but he doesn't look swollen soooo I doubt it.
Is it normal for scorpions to be shy eaters? I have had him for almost a month I think.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Your scorpion Will eat when it's hungry. The best thing you can do is not worry about it and remeber to present it with food on a regular basis. In the wild Scorpions can go several Months without a meal.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Your scorpion Will eat when it's hungry. The best thing you can do is not worry about it and remeber to present it with food on a regular basis. In the wild Scorpions can go several Months without a meal.
If your scorpion is wild caught it will probably take a month or more to fully settle, provide a nice deep moist substrate with a couple of good hides and it will settle, also if it is a wild caught male they are prone to hunger strikes so don,t worry. Offer a good size cicket or medium locust once a week and it will eat when it,s ready too.

Crom

Arachnosquire
Where did you purchase your scorpion? If it was from Petco, LLL, Underground Reptiles, or another retailer and not a private breeder then you dont have an actual Pandinopsis (Pandinus) dictator. Likely a Pandinus imperator

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Where did you purchase your scorpion? If it was from Petco, LLL, Underground Reptiles, or another retailer and not a private breeder then you dont have an actual Pandinopsis (Pandinus) dictator. Likely a Pandinus imperator
Is Underground Reptiles a bad choice to order from? I know that backwater is a scam but I here mixed opinions about Underground.

Crom

Arachnosquire
I have no experience personally with Underground so I cant say, however the scorpions they are selling as "Dictator" scorpions are actually Pandinus imperator. But they probably dont even know that