Pandinus Dictator or Imperator?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's imperator, I only know because I have both species over here. After you've seen few of each it's real easy to tell with a short glance but it's something you practically have to witness yourself. Is there a skunk in here, what's going on, where is that coming from? Anyway, I understand the doubt over strangers claiming IDs but all I can say is that imperators are nice scorpions but I'm 100% sure that's not a dictator.

Crom

Arachnosquire
Is this carapace ID method fairly supposedly accurate..? Because I purchased some "Cameroon Emporer Scorpions" from a local pet shop that actually has a wide selection of inverts, and did so based on carapace ID as these specimens had more of the mounds opposed to the indented triangle formation, and according to a species locale map ive found online dictator inhabits Cameroon while imperator does not. Upon close examination of the ventral trichobothria they to be much closer to imperator. The question I raise is, is there possibly a distinct locale of operator occupying parts of maybe northern Cameroon? Possibly even an undescribed pandinus or an interspecies locale like found in carpet pythons and other animals..? First pic is of one of the females I purchased, second is a male imperator belonging to a friend

Attachments

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They try to fool people with the names, that's imperator you have there. I haven't seen anybody with dictator on the AB for a loooong time.

Crom

Arachnosquire
Ive examined the trichobothria and they are much more along the lines of imperator and lack several other identifying characteristics. But any guesses as to the different carapace of mine compared to comrades as seen in the picture? Are they known for having a varying carapace formation? Thats why I wonder if it is some other locality specific subspecies or type possibly. The labeling of Cameroon Emporer Scorpion is kind of curious too. Possibly a northern Cameroon variant? Many questions still.

If anyone else has gotten anything labeled "Cameroon Emporer Scorpion" or had imperators with carapace structure like mine, let me know...! I'd love to find a fitting male, both of mine are female unfortunately

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The seller just added the word "Cameroon" to make it sound special. It's likely they don't know where it came from, might have been captive born, ...used car salesman of the invert biz.