1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandinus dictator. Female

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Pernicious, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Pernicious

Pernicious Arachnosquire Active Member

Usa
    Advertisement
    My newest addition. And a rehousing is a must . Poor girl was sooo thirsty .lol then i gotta find her a mate!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. crystalfreakkk

crystalfreakkk Arachnosquire

She’s massive. My P. Dictator is still pretty small. It will be so cool when it puts on size like this

3. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    It looks like P. imperator, do you have a better pic? You can do a search on this site and find comparison pics of imperator and dictator.

4. Pernicious

Usa
    She came from a 100 percent respectable source the .pnwzs i have a freind there .heres a better pic

Attached Files:

5. Pernicious

Usa
    Shes not that big! Lol she will double in sise tho

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galapoheros

texas
    That's an imperator, nice healthy looking specimen though. Here is dictator compared to imperator, P. imperator on the left, dictator on the right. Many respectable people get it wrong, mostly because they haven't had dictator and there aren't many pics to go by so they speculate a little bit.
    [​IMG]

P. imperator
    [​IMG]

P. dictator
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Pernicious

Usa
    I am gonna take better pics asap .either way its a beauty! Way more aggressive than any emperor i have delt with. But to be honest i have been fooled before! Thanks for the reply and pics tho. I swear those are the same i was shown in identifying them. !

8. Galapoheros

texas
    The pics look similar to what you looked at? You may have been shown pics I took, going to have the same style. Another difference is that the pectines on imperator are relatively larger than on dictator, imperator to the left, the other two are dictator, they've been sleeping in the freezer. The pectines tend to be darker on dictator also.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Clarification Please Clarification Please x 1
  9. Pernicious

Usa
    Awsome info! I just got done rehousing her and took a pic of what i thought would be better for positive id! But i will get a pic of pectines asap!!! I dont doubt it at all if its not at this point .but seriously disappointed if so conidering it came from a dam zoo. Lol. Maybe its a hybrid? Lol a boy can dream right!!:nailbiting:;)

Attached Files:

10. Galapoheros

texas
    It's imperator. Yeah we have impressions that people working at zoos, pet stores, etc. don't make mistakes and know so much more. Everybody makes mistakes, I've been misdiagnosed at the doc's office 50% of the time or more. I saw a trend that happened, an illegal shipment of dictators came in a few years ago, they went to a few pet stores, I guess they didn't know what else to do with them, wouldn't make sense to send them back. Then scorpion peeps got excited about it, then dealers saw people get excited about it. Imperator became severely restricted at the African export just before the illegal dictator import happened. Dealers started selling imperators as dictators. Some never had seen many imperators before and some dealers catered to people being excited about dictators finally reaching the US. They thought most wouldn't know the difference and they couldn't tell either, so they just sold them as dictators because there was a fast and furious demand for them. So now there are many people that think they have dictator but they have imperators.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Pernicious

Usa
    Makes perfect sense! I have been looking for a while for it and i swear bigfoot is easier to spot. Lol. Tha ks for the input again and dont fualt me for postin one more pic of the belly lol:snaphappy:

12. Pernicious

Usa
    Just got it well tell me at least im right on female? Lol dam dictators have me questioning everything now lol

Attached Files:

13. Galapoheros

texas
    I've never tried to sex out immature imperators, don't know.

14. Dylan Keife

Dylan Keife Arachnopeon

Its an imperator. I can tell fairly easily, I own both. Galapaheros here is one of the cats that sorted me out when I thought I had dictator too, lol. Do you mean Northwest Zoological Supply? I have a couple friends that work there. 95% of retailers/importers/wholesalers selling "Pandinus dictator" are actually selling imperator.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I want a dictator so bad