1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pandinus dictator breeding

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Galapoheros, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

texas
    Advertisement
    Getting more baby dictators, another small male and big female. So far, I know I've had two males and they both have been small, I wonder if it's typical or not, not enough specimens to confirm it. I do have a small female also, so it may be a trend with exceptions, may find out later. I think the diff color is from a recent molt but I'm not sure about that yet.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. dactylus

dactylus Arachnobaron Old Timer

Good luck with this species!

3. Luke0227a

Luke0227a Arachnopeon

Man i envy you having p dictator, how and where did you get them?

4. Galapoheros

texas
    I found them in a pet store quite a while back. From what I was told and read, there was an illegal shipment of them to the US and Europe. You can probably still find the article on the internet. Then, I guess they didn't know what to do with them so they just went to several pet stores and online pet dealers. They were labeled dictator in the store and I knew what they were since I had read about them so thought it best to grab some because that will probably never happen again.

5. Scorpionluva

Scorpionluva Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

PA
    Nice to see someone who got this specie and will make sure they stay around !
    You should change your title from arachnogod to padinusgod !
    Great pic also :)

6. Daniel Edwards

Daniel Edwards Arachnosquire Active Member

The one to the left looks exactly like my 3 that were labeled as dictator. I got 2 males and 1 female, but 1 male has a missing pectine.

7. Galapoheros

texas
    The one on the right hadn't darkened up all the way after it's last molt. It's the only visible diff other than size. The camera can make them appear green, they are black like imperator, I can't see any difference in color over here.