Pandinus cavimanus (red claw scorpion)... Premolt?

Christoph27

Arachnopeon
So my son got this Pandinus cavimanus today, ive not delt with scorpions much so i just wanted to make sure im right.
I keep T's, true spiders and a couple other inverts but i could use a brush up on scorps honeslty.

20180525_181039.jpg

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
It looks like premolt, judging from size alone, so not 100% certain. Just to let you know, that's no P. cavimanus, that looks like H. petersii.

Jonathan159

Arachnosquire
I have to agree with Terrena and say that looks like a Heterometrus Petersii (commonly called Asian forest scorpion or AFS for short). It could be a premolt just by looking at it but there is usually more to it. Is it eating, being sluggish/slow? Scorpions will fast before a molt and they seem to slow down. Very similar to T's in that respect.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So my son got this Pandinus cavimanus today, ive not delt with scorpions much so i just wanted to make sure im right.
I keep T's, true spiders and a couple other inverts but i could use a brush up on scorps honeslty.

View attachment 276378
That's a pre-molt Heterometrus spp. Keep the substrate moist so it can burrow.

Christoph27

Arachnopeon
I appreciate the help, it usally stays under one of the hides and no intrest in food, ill try to feed it again in a day or so after its more relaxed in its new home.
Somewhat upset its not cavimanus but either way its an amazing creature and a pretty cool addition to our collection.