Panarthropoda.de /.org /.info New website about Scorpions, Whips Spiders, Mantids

snippy

Arachnobaron
Sure, I see the danger! But again, it's all a matter of effort against gain. And since I do not want to make the project my full time job, it does only incorporate what comes in as imports and not what people do with it afterwards.
And in addition you also have to take into account the usability of such a project and minimizing error. If it is too complex people will make mistakes in applying the list, which would be detrimental to what we want to accomplish. So we went for "straight forward" guidelines in the use of the list (which proved complex enough). This goes as well for errors in the data that comes in. The way it is now, I communicate with relatively few people that have a good standing in the community and I mostly know personally, because those are a good fraction of the people that go through the hoops of getting new species into the hobby. In your model, I would get data from potentially anyone. I would not have the means to assess their credibility and therefore to assess whether what I include into the list is true or not.
Fred and I have given many aspects some thought and the way it is now is what we figured best for what we want to accomplish.

But thank you for the input and the "kudos", it is appreciated!

Regards
Finn

Last edited:

snippy

Arachnobaron
Hey folks,

I have a little update that pleases me even more so. I have finally, after 2 years been able to aquire panarthropoda.com :)

From now on you will be automatically directed to the english version when using the .com domain. Have fun.

Regards
Finn

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Once again, a wonderful site. I go there to show anyone any pictures, etc. to give a representation of everything. :D It's definitely an essential site.

Last edited: