Genus Pamphobeteus

brachy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi

WoW. Nice spider. Who are you? :D What are you doing there? {D :D I m happy, because I see you and your pics there. Have nice day.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Very nice How big is she??
I'd say she's just over 4 inches. Its hard to get a piture of her in a relaxed position. She's so high strung.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Philth said:
I'd say she's just over 4 inches. Its hard to get a piture of her in a relaxed position. She's so high strung.
Hi,
Is she showing any of the blue sheen on the coxa/femura yet?? I think if I ever had a chance to keep any NW theraphosid, I think I'd be tempted to pick this species, I remember seeing a dried one (shame) over 8" in legspan and she was just stunning, has anyone confirmed the ID of true P.antinous yet? I remember there were like 3 or so species that may or may not have been the real thing, this was definately one of those, the one I figured will most likely be the real one. A mature male of this species is a sight to see :) I think Andy M. in the UK bred these not so long ago....

Steve

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
There's not a spec of blue on this spider. I always wondered why?, I remember having WC adults years ago, that had blue femurs.

After thumbing through this thread I see that Goterps has what looks like the same spider labeled as Pamphobeteus sp. "antinous". Thats prob how mine should be labeled as well. I wasn't aware that there were several spiders sold as antinous, but thats what this was sold to me as. Maybe somebody who knows more can shine some light on this.:cool:

Later, Tom

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Tom,
I'd be fairly sure yours is the same as what you saw years ago, just too young to show the blue, besides it only really stands out in sunlight anyway ;)

Hopefully yours isn't a hybrid because of the naming mixup, I'd doubt it, I don't think many were bred and of those that were, the guys knew what they had.

Steve

ZoozDa

Arachnopeon
Hello brachy,

brachy said:
Hi
WoW. Nice spider. Who are you? :D What are you doing there? {D :D I m happy, because I see you and your pics there. Have nice day.
Tanks my friend, ...i m just a beholder here... temporarily {D

B. Regards,
ZoozDa

priZZ

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi Zozo,

ZoozDa said:
Tanks my friend, ...i m just a beholder here... temporarily {D
Let me welcome You Bro nice to see You here too. :D Nice species BTW! Sofie loves the pink on it! ;)

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck people :) Beautiful species, so similar in appearance to L.polycuspulatus, except brighter :)

Steve

ZoozDa

Arachnopeon
Hello,

priZZ said:
Hi Zozo,
Let me welcome You Bro nice to see You here too. :D Nice species BTW! Sofie loves the pink on it! ;)
priZZ, thanks for all, ... regards to Sofie :)

Martin and eman "May the Force be with you" :clap:

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
very nice martin :D :drool: :drool:

Best of luck at getting some babies :D

Mori

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful critters Martin :) What a symphony of colour in those courtship pics!! I have an exuvia here from one of your females, even the old exuvia is stunning ;)

Steve