Pamphobeteus with blue spots on legs

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a photography book by Thomas Marent and in it what is pretty obviously a Pamphobeteus sp. with blue spots on its first pair of legs. The caption says it's from Tambopata Reserve, Peru. There are some other pics on his website:
http://www.thomasmarent.com/galleries?id=63
(Go to the Latin America section and scroll down). It is very beautiful. Has anyone seen anything like this in the hobby?

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I have a photography book by Thomas Marent and in it what is pretty obviously a Pamphobeteus sp. with blue spots on its first pair of legs. The caption says it's from Tambopata Reserve, Peru. There are some other pics on his website:
(Go to the Latin America section and scroll down). It is very beautiful. Has anyone seen anything like this in the hobby?
This is new to me. Really gorgeous pictures.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I am bumping this, I really want to know what this is.

I doubt anyone on the boards know what it is and that is why there isn't any responses. Either way I can't stop thinking about this spider

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah I was surprised there was little response as well. But I would love to hear if anyone knows anything about this spider.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I am bumping this, I really want to know what this is.

I doubt anyone on the boards know what it is and that is why there isn't any responses. Either way I can't stop thinking about this spider
I'm bumping this as well because I'm very interested. This T, if available in the hobby, will be jumping to my #1 spot on my list.

@cold blood @EulersK @viper69 do you guys know anything about this?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Looks kinda altered to me.... idk. Nevertheless, never seen one in the hobby.

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
I agree with bob it looks abit altered but who knows, this is very interesting I hope somebody knows something about this wonderful spider

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think that T has blue spots. I see what you are talking about. But notice how one leg (the one further from us) has a blue spot on it, but the other leg doesn't.

I think it's an artifact of light. I could be wrong.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think that T has blue spots. I see what you are talking about. But notice how one leg (the one further from us) has a blue spot on it, but the other leg doesn't.

I think it's an artifact of light. I could be wrong.
Well, it might be more visible in certain lighting or at certain angles, but all three pictures seem to show some amount of shiny blue on the front legs, so I'm hopeful it's real.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well, it might be more visible in certain lighting or at certain angles, but all three pictures seem to show some amount of shiny blue on the front legs, so I'm hopeful it's real.

Hmm. I must be missing the pictures then. I only saw one pic with a T that had blue/green spots. Where are the others?

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They're all in the "Spiders and others Latin America" gallery. Counting from the top, they are pics #4, 5, and 21.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Never seen this species and I'm very curious as well. Possibly edited? I sent an email to the photographer asking for a possible ID. If I get a reply I'd be happy to share the update on this thread

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
another thing to note, Poecilotheria have similar yellow bands. used for warning predators when raised in a threat posture. perhaps these dots are used for a similar purpose. just on the other side.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Never seen this species and I'm very curious as well. Possibly edited? I sent an email to the photographer asking for a possible ID. If I get a reply I'd be happy to share the update on this thread
In the photography book I have it is labeled as Xenesthis immanis, which is clearly not correct. I don't think his tarantula species knowledge is very solid.

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
In the photography book I have it is labeled as Xenesthis immanis, which is clearly not correct. I don't think his tarantula species knowledge is very solid.
Darn. Hopefully we will find out the truth eventually!

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
He responded and confirmed that someone else identified it as Xenesthis immanis he also stated that we would probably have a better guess and to let him know if we find out what species it is. He also said the photo was taken in the Tambopata Reserve in Peru.