Pamphobeteus insignis Female

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Today I purchased a Pamphobeteus insignis 2" Female. I am so stoked.. I have been looking for this species for years!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Grats I only got 1 pinkbloom left , the other one got injured from a suspected fall I think . So make sure you don’t allow a lot of space on top of cage. My last one is In my king baboons old cage with locking lid. Upgraded for better humidity I’ll get a pic sometime.
Other two were males, un successful breeding think seller gave me multiple species .
I’m barred from getting more Ts until I move out, lest I sneak em in. But I can’t my moms always home.:arghh: And I’m near broke

Singapore_Blue1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I know better then to have too much height. When I got her the substrate was bone dry and she was underfed too. Looks like she recently molted as well. So I have to upgrade her cage cause she is currently in a 4" by 3" container... Hard to believe such a rare species would be kept this way. I will fix her up though

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I GOT a pinkbloom & I think a fortis or some unknown from a shady seller in my state lol. Got a good deal tho , just only 1 still alive . But I got some slings from that sale are sub adult n chromatus. Never seen anyone mix up Ts weird.
Don’t see em on here anymore

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
you wont know til it’s an adult unless breeder showed you pic of the mom. I wich never happens. My phampo is most likely a different one then what I was sold, but I’m fine with that . Got a good deal 4+ years ago

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The real deal!
Nice. I didn’t think the Colombian insignis had made it over to US. I really want some but can’t find them here at all, just Pamphobeteus sp. insignis. I know of one recent breeding but all were presold.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
What's the difference??
Pretty sure I sent you pics of the real deal. The one that is established in the hobby is collected from Ecuador and therefore is not insignis. It looks different too. Insignis females look like P. mascara with violet femurs. A very beautiful and desirable sp.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Pretty sure I sent you pics of the real deal. The one that is established in the hobby is collected from Ecuador and therefore is not insignis. It looks different too. Insignis females look like P. mascara with violet femurs. A very beautiful and desirable sp.
Love to see pics if you have any. How much do these go for on your end of the pond?
Just like you never ever see real T blondi?? Or rarer ?
Rarer I would think. T.blondi can be found pretty easily nowadays.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Love to see pics if you have any. How much do these go for on your end of the pond?

Rarer I would think. T.blondi can be found pretty easily nowadays.
3 years ago last time I got any spider blondi I was extremely rare . So that’s good news .

insignis Is like the yeti of the T world!!:alien

Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
Yes you did - sorry I forgot that it was P. insignis you sent me - I thought it was another one :bag:

Sorry, it's late, usually my memory is better than this :sorry:

cold blood

Staff member
insignis Is like the yeti of the T world!!:alien
No, that is H. Hercules;)

You hear about people saying they had them or saw them, but there has never actually been real proof.....its debatable whether they actually exist, although many insist they do.....like yeti :D

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
The jar specimen that was huge could just be a unusually large king baboon, or another big unknown species had anyone I’d this Stan Schultz or someone?

I want anoTher p muticus im just too broke right now . Dono were to buy cheaper vermiculite for burrowers , Home Depot cost arm n leg