1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pamphobeteus fortis...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Jonathan.Hui, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Jonathan.Hui

Jonathan.Hui Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    newbie question... is Pamphobeteus fortis a kind of birdeater like T blondi which can grow into huge and bulky size ?? :wall:

2. Falk

Falk Arachnodemon

20-22cm aprox

3. barabootom

barabootom Arachnolord

P fortis gets big, but not as big and bulky as T blondi. P fortis in my opinion is not especially attractive. There are other large species that are much prettier. P antinous and Nhandu vulpinus come to mind.

4. Falk

Falk Arachnodemon

Not as bulky as a T. blondi but not as leggy as A. geniculata:)
    I think fortis are one of the coolest of the Pamphobeteus spp.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  5. Moltar

Moltar ArachnoGod

Pampho's are great. They grow super fast, get big, go through amazing color changes... Get one. More to they point, they are all larger jungle stalking terrestrial, hungry, urticarious beasts somewhere up the same alley as T. blondi but obviously not the same. Care is similar.

6. Jonathan.Hui

THX GUYS ! another question... someone in my local selling a P.F (around $125.US CB 9-10cmLS )

[​IMG]

hows it ?? reasonable to buy?? :wall:

7. Moltar

Moltar ArachnoGod

Well, operating under the assumption that a South American tarantula would only be more expensive in HK than in US that looks like a reasonable price...

One of my favorite things about keeping pampho's however is watching their color change from sling to adult. You'll be missing out on that great fun.

8. I recently saw a male on the BTS boards for 50 pounds. I guess it depends on the T market where you live.:)

9. Jonathan.Hui

I see... I want to ask a stupid question... What is the red thing in the backside of the T... looks so weird... :wall:

10. Are you referring to the bald spot? If so, it is from flicking hairs. Not sure if that's what you are talking about though.:)

11. Jonathan.Hui

yeah... the bald spot... reddish colour... it looks like a wound to me...

12. I can't really tell from your picture, I guess maybe get some close up pics, and give it a better examination. With that big ol' rump, it sure looks healthy enough.:)

13. Falk

Falk Arachnodemon

I payed 40Eur or aprox 40 bucks for a 12cm/5" female in Sweden

14. billopelma

billopelma Arachnolord Old Timer

I think they're quite attractive, if you like this sort of color...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The MM's are of course particularly nice...

[​IMG]

Bill

15. moose35

moose35 Arachnoprince Old Timer

very good looking spiders bill....

moose