Pamphobeteus antinous cadilliora azul

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I have this Pamphobeteus antinous but when I got it, it was labeled Pamphobeteus antinous cadilliora azul.

What does the cadilliora azul mean. I get find anything about it.
2018-02-08 21.02.52.jpg

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I have this Pamphobeteus antinous but when I got it, it was labeled Pamphobeteus antinous cadilliora azul.

What does the cadilliora azul mean. I get find anything about it.
View attachment 265848
I don't know but it looks fantastic. Better than the "really big black/brown spider" reputation that they have.

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Locality stamp. There are around 9 different antinous variants in Peru alone, apparently.

boina

Lady of the mites
Where can I get more info on variants? Because I have a WC AF and it's rather small for a Pampho (ca. 6", maybe a little less), let alone antinous, and it has hardly any read hairs - nearly completely black - and I generally like to know what I have.

And yes, it's definitely AF, sclerotized spermathecae on the last molt and that was 18 months ago, so it doesn't even molt once a year.

@KezyGLA @c.h.esteban please?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Where can I get more info on variants? Because I have a WC AF and it's rather small for a Pampho (ca. 6", maybe a little less), let alone antinous, and it has hardly any read hairs - nearly completely black - and I generally like to know what I have.

And yes, it's definitely AF, sclerotized spermathecae on the last molt and that was 18 months ago, so it doesn't even molt once a year.

@KezyGLA @c.h.esteban please?
If you can email me pics and info (labels,locality etc) I can ask someone who is more knowlegeable than I on the genus about it.

Or if you speak to your fellow German Benjamin Weber. He will know best about it.

c.h.esteban

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@boina
i´m not so familiar with all the pet trade variants which floating around in the last years.
if i compare some data from specimens with known locality´s and data from older pet trade specimens, i had only 3 Pamphobeteus species in the north of peru.
Pamphobeteus sp. "PETERSI" and 2 others often sold as different typs of "antinous".
the first one had thickend femurs (III+IV), red setae only at the last third of the abdomen and is very massiv (♀ CL around 30 mm). the second had slender legs, some red setae more and is not so big.
but at the moment i would no one label as "antinous", because the all the bulbs differ from the descriptive writing to antinous.

tickend femur

slender femur

boina

Lady of the mites
@boina
i´m not so familiar with all the pet trade variants which floating around in the last years.
if i compare some data from specimens with known locality´s and data from older pet trade specimens, i had only 3 Pamphobeteus species in the north of peru.
Pamphobeteus sp. "PETERSI" and 2 others often sold as different typs of "antinous".
the first one had thickend femurs (III+IV), red setae only at the last third of the abdomen and is very massiv (♀ CL around 30 mm). the second had slender legs, some red setae more and is not so big.
but at the moment i would no one label as "antinous", because the all the bulbs differ from the descriptive writing to antinous.

tickend femur

slender femur

Thank you so much!! Regarding the general build mine looks very much like the slender type - no thickened femurs. I have to have a closer look at the amount of red setae after the next molt since at the moment it is bald.

And I'm going to change the label to Pamphobeteus sp. (Peru)... :confused:

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
@boina

tickend femur

slender femur

How does the thick femured Pamphobeteus you pictured compare with P. crassifemur?

c.h.esteban

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How does the thick femured Pamphobeteus you pictured compare with P. crassifemur?
there are thick femur and much thicker femur ;)

P. crassifemur (typeloc.)

additionally there is a difference which was not described or shown in the drawings. maybe this detail was only not mentioned or it is absent.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
there are thick femur and much thicker femur ;)

P. crassifemur (typeloc.)

additionally there is a difference which was not described or shown in the drawings. maybe this detail was only not mentioned or it is absent.
Wow, that tarantula really does deserve the “crassifemur” name!