Pacman Frog, not eating and acting crazy

NerdFromtheAbyss

Arachnopeon
My 1 year old pacman is acting really weird. A couple days ago he refused to eat or even bite. He would bury himself really deep in substrate to the tank bottom and only moved when I sprayed the tank, then hid again. When he surfaces his eyes are closed shut and he's totally immobile. I come back from work to find his tank a mess, dirt kicked everywhere, fake plant toppled, and the frog buried deep somewhere. I thought he may have not passed and hes getting stressed so I gave him a few days and when nothing changed I put him in warm water. He's still not eating. I don't have enough money to go to the vet, what do I do???

basin79

ArachnoGod
My 1 year old pacman is acting really weird. A couple days ago he refused to eat or even bite. He would bury himself really deep in substrate to the tank bottom and only moved when I sprayed the tank, then hid again. When he surfaces his eyes are closed shut and he's totally immobile. I come back from work to find his tank a mess, dirt kicked everywhere, fake plant toppled, and the frog buried deep somewhere. I thought he may have not passed and hes getting stressed so I gave him a few days and when nothing changed I put him in warm water. He's still not eating. I don't have enough money to go to the vet, what do I do???
Pics of your set up would be helpful. Reads like your frog is trying to hibernate. There's a specific work but I can't remember it.

NerdFromtheAbyss

Arachnopeon
He's now gone back to burying. He sometimes hides totally but hes partially out now. His eyes are open in this pic but its usually closed, just reacting to my opening the tank for the pic.View media item 46774

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Pics of your set up would be helpful. Reads like your frog is trying to hibernate. There's a specific work but I can't remember it.
Estivate. This sounds just like estivating to me as well, and if Basin and I are correct, you should leave him, as far as I understand it.

NerdFromtheAbyss

Arachnopeon
Estivate. This sounds just like estivating to me as well, and if Basin and I are correct, you should leave him, as far as I understand it.
Ah. So just spray his tank down as per usual, keep up the normal habitst until he comes out?