P. villosus-sexual dimorphism

akazaran

Arachnopeon
Is there a difference in size between adult males and females P. Villosus? And have you noticed that males and females of this specie behave differently?
And more generally are females significantly bigger than meales in most scorps species?
Thanks for helping!

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Is there a difference in size between adult males and females P. Villosus? And have you noticed that males and females of this specie behave differently?
And more generally are females significantly bigger than meales in most scorps species?
Thanks for helping!
In Parabuthus, males are smaller and more slender with bulbous chela (claws).

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
Females are decently sized bigger. What colour morph do you have? I may be moving a 6i pair of PVO soon... they are an awesome species due to them being diurnal and active all day. One of my favourites in the Parabuthus genus!

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Females are decently sized bigger. What colour morph do you have? I may be moving a 6i pair of PVO soon... they are an awesome species due to them being diurnal and active all day. One of my favourites in the Parabuthus genus!
I believe they're the only scorpion species considered genuinely diurnal and they are the largest buthids in the world. I am picking me up one this month. Such awesomesomeness!

akazaran

Arachnopeon
Mine is an orange morph male. It looks stunning and is very active.. especially in the day. Awsome scorpion!

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Mine is an orange morph male. It looks stunning and is very active.. especially in the day. Awsome scorpion!
Oh your post reminded of another fact about P.villosus, they are active hunters not sit-and-wait ambushers.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
I believe they're the only scorpion species considered genuinely diurnal and they are the largest buthids in the world. I am picking me up one this month. Such awesomesomeness!
Let me know if you need one. Lol. I have a couple pairs and only need to keep the one! These are an awesome species. My adult Granulatus is amazing but these Villosus definitely go after anything they can eat. Not mean or aggressive but curious for sure!