P Villosus Oranje Gravid?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Hi, can someone confirm if she is gravid? I bought it from a previous owner. . Said that it was paired last may, when I tried to pair her with her mate, she declines. She's kinda slow when walking and up until now, her tummy doesn't get any bigger. . Any opinions? Thanks 20170917_091916.jpg 20170917_091737.jpg

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Id say if she's Gravid shes still a ways of from birthing or might need another round of breeding to complete the job. Parabuthus usually swell up a lot before birthing

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Id say if she's Gravid shes still a ways of from birthing or might need another round of breeding to complete the job. Parabuthus usually swell up a lot before birthing
I've tried putting a male but she usually declines him. . . . Let me try pairing them tomorrow and see how it goes. . . I heard that the female usually eats the male, is that true?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I've tried putting a male but she usually declines him. . . . Let me try pairing them tomorrow and see how it goes. . . I heard that the female usually eats the male, is that true?
Just make sure she's stuffed full of food and gets plenty of water prior to introducing him and sometimes I little mist of water in her tank helps also. She may decline him still but sometimes it takes several attempts to get them to start mating. I've never had a parabuthus eat the male but I've seen them try. I've let some uroplectes species eat the male and it seemed to help them birth easier and have bigger broods but no experience with parabuthus in that aspect

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Just make sure she's stuffed full of food and gets plenty of water prior to introducing him and sometimes I little mist of water in her tank helps also. She may decline him still but sometimes it takes several attempts to get them to start mating. I've never had a parabuthus eat the male but I've seen them try. I've let some uroplectes species eat the male and it seemed to help them birth easier and have bigger broods but no experience with parabuthus in that aspect
Thanks! I will try it and see how it goes