P Villosus Oranje gestation period?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Hello, how long is the gestation period of P Villosus Oranje? I bought it last year and I was told it was already mated twice (May 2017). Up until now she doesn't give a sign of popping, i tried putting the male but the fem wont accept it anymore.

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The gestation period is about 3-6 months usually. I don't think she's gravid...

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
3-6 months is incorrect. Gestation is around 12-18 month. Do u have a picture of her

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
3-6 months is incorrect. Gestation is around 12-18 month. Do u have a picture of her
I attached her picture, i give her water every week and light misting on the other side of her enclo, she walks slowly, ( like my leiurus when she was gravid ), i i dont know if it's the same with her

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
She looks healthy but nowhere near gravid size.. she will blow up like a balloon and her played will stretch out a lot... succesfull mating can take serveral attempts.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I have to agree with @ArachnoDrew on this she definitely doesnt look Gravid or if she is in fact Gravid she is a long way from birthing once she is in the later stages of being Gravid. .. her walk will look more like a waddle and she'll leave a very deep groove in the sand where her abdomen will be dragging IMG00011-20160522-1856.jpg

I know this isn't villosus but it is a parabuthus schlecteri and she was quite Gravid in this pic to give you an idea of how plump she will look when Gravid

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
I have to agree with @ArachnoDrew on this she definitely doesnt look Gravid or if she is in fact Gravid she is a long way from birthing once she is in the later stages of being Gravid. .. her walk will look more like a waddle and she'll leave a very deep groove in the sand where her abdomen will be dragging View attachment 267991

I know this isn't villosus but it is a parabuthus schlecteri and she was quite Gravid in this pic to give you an idea of how plump she will look when Gravid
Let me try attaching a video if possible, shess walking slowly like my gravid LQ, if she's not gravid, do you think she's just really old?

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
She looks healthy but nowhere near gravid size.. she will blow up like a balloon and her played will stretch out a lot... succesfull mating can take serveral attempts.
I'm gonna look for another male and try again, but why isn't she accepting my male before?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Let me try attaching a video if possible, shess walking slowly like my gravid LQ, if she's not gravid, do you think she's just really old?
She could possibly be old or she could just be picky on the male offered
usually the male will go straight for her and if she's not accepting of his advances - she will run away , or she will flick him away OR she will attack him
if she was in fact Gravid and isn't in need of being mated again she could attack him like the schlecteri female in the pic above did to my male when I introduced him for a 2nd pairing
IMG00110-20150516-2041.jpg
I guess when she says enough is enough she means it :rofl:
No worries though I split them up and the male was just fine after a little recovery time

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My female P. Vill (black) rejected my male over and over (she would attempt to flick him away, then when he came back for more she would fight), wasn't gravid, kept feeding, unfortunately she passed before I was able to get another male to try with...

You might want to send a message to @gromgrom on here, he's bred P. Vill's (oranje phase)! Good luck, would love to see more of these animals in the hobby!!

Best Regards,

Robert

P.S. - Here is a link to his original forum post from his brood!!

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/usa-first-i-believe-parabuthus-villosus-orange-morph-brood.264051/

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
My female P. Vill (black) rejected my male over and over (she would attempt to flick him away, then when he came back for more she would fight), wasn't gravid, kept feeding, unfortunately she passed before I was able to get another male to try with...

You might want to send a message to @gromgrom on here, he's bred P. Vill's (oranje phase)! Good luck, would love to see more of these animals in the hobby!!

Best Regards,

Robert

P.S. - Here is a link to his original forum post from his brood!!

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/usa-first-i-believe-parabuthus-villosus-orange-morph-brood.264051/
That's what's happening with my female, do you think it's because of the age? She's i8,

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's what's happening with my female, do you think it's because of the age? She's i8,
Maybe, I suspect that's what happened with my female, I obtained her at 6i, molted to 8i, had her 3 years.... (after she was already 6i)

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Maybe, I suspect that's what happened with my female, I obtained her at 6i, molted to 8i, had her 3 years.... (after she was already 6i)
The price of the pair was not cheap, lol. . . I guess buying pairs comes with a problem as well, I am still looking for a male, i hope i get one before she expires

tdark1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The price of the pair was not cheap, lol. . . I guess buying pairs comes with a problem as well, I am still looking for a male, i hope i get one before she expires
Yeah, same exact thing happened to me a few years back with P. Vills (Black Phase)... Pretty sad..

Hope you find another male!!

Cheers,

Rob

lammergeier

Arachnopeon
i had recorded mine for 11 months, she was mated on june 16 2017, and gave birth on May, 12 2018 to 28slings..