1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P. Transvaalicus slings with mites?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by matt85, Jul 13, 2018.

1. matt85

matt85 Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    ive got a couple very small P. transvaalicus slings (maybe 3/8" body length) and everything has been going fine until I fed them some crickets from a new source. maybe 3-4 days after feeding them I found one of them had a little white spec on his back. at first I thought it was just some sand so I ignored it. but its been 24 hours and its still there.

ive kept scorpions and tarantulas for years and have never had a mite problem. im not exactly sure how to deal with it. these scorpions are so small and hot that trying to get a close look at them is difficult.

suggestions?

thank you
    -matt

2. NYAN

NYAN Arachnodemon Active Member

CA
    Well, while not the same as your situation I can offer advice from what happened with my hottentotta Franzwerneri. When I received it, it had sand and frass stuck onto its stinger. I ended up using tongs to try to get some off as well as a wet q tip but it ended up molting out of it and then being eaten by ants a week later.

• Sad Sad x 1
  3. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron Active Member

I had a similar issue as @NYAN with Hottentotta franzwerneri, though mine didn't get eaten by ants (hence the sad rating) Are you sure your P transvaalicus didn't just get some excrement on it? If yours are anything like my 2 little transvaalicus it's pretty active and that could be the issue.