P. Transvaalicus slings with mites?

matt85

Arachnopeon
ive got a couple very small P. transvaalicus slings (maybe 3/8" body length) and everything has been going fine until I fed them some crickets from a new source. maybe 3-4 days after feeding them I found one of them had a little white spec on his back. at first I thought it was just some sand so I ignored it. but its been 24 hours and its still there.

ive kept scorpions and tarantulas for years and have never had a mite problem. im not exactly sure how to deal with it. these scorpions are so small and hot that trying to get a close look at them is difficult.

suggestions?

thank you
-matt

NYAN

Arachnoking
ive got a couple very small P. transvaalicus slings (maybe 3/8" body length) and everything has been going fine until I fed them some crickets from a new source. maybe 3-4 days after feeding them I found one of them had a little white spec on his back. at first I thought it was just some sand so I ignored it. but its been 24 hours and its still there.

ive kept scorpions and tarantulas for years and have never had a mite problem. im not exactly sure how to deal with it. these scorpions are so small and hot that trying to get a close look at them is difficult.

suggestions?

thank you
-matt
Well, while not the same as your situation I can offer advice from what happened with my hottentotta Franzwerneri. When I received it, it had sand and frass stuck onto its stinger. I ended up using tongs to try to get some off as well as a wet q tip but it ended up molting out of it and then being eaten by ants a week later.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I had a similar issue as @NYAN with Hottentotta franzwerneri, though mine didn't get eaten by ants (hence the sad rating) Are you sure your P transvaalicus didn't just get some excrement on it? If yours are anything like my 2 little transvaalicus it's pretty active and that could be the issue.