P sp cusco

wago

Arachnopeon
Would somebody please post any information on T sp cusco, perhaps a link for a care sheet. Thank you

Last edited:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Would somebody please post any information on T sp cusco, perhaps a link for a care sheet. Thank you
Sorry for the Typo... :bag::banghead:

For some reason i keep mixing up T. sp ‘cusco’ and P. sp ‘Colombia’.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
First, could you spell out the genus or subfamily name of the tarantula you are asking for information on? Please don't assume everyone knows what you are talking about using initials and abbreviations.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@wago I've had one of these for a few years and as you probably know there's little to no information about these. I've kept mine like i keep all my Thrixopelma species so you should research those it'll give you a rough idea and you should be fine, There was an article i think on bts about this species a while ago where it suggested these may actually be a Thrixopelma species and unless i have a real " runt of the litter" so to speak they are a dwarf species, they can be a little fiesty and fast

wago

Arachnopeon
@wago I've had one of these for a few years and as you probably know there's little to no information about these. I've kept mine like i keep all my Thrixopelma species so you should research those it'll give you a rough idea and you should be fine, There was an article i think on bts about this species a while ago where it suggested these may actually be a Thrixopelma species and unless i have a real " runt of the litter" so to speak they are a dwarf species, they can be a little fiesty and fast
Thank you so much.....you have been a huge help....I appreciate your time .

wago

Arachnopeon
First, could you spell out the genus or subfamily name of the tarantula you are asking for information on? Please don't assume everyone knows what you are talking about using initials and abbreviations.
Thank you for your response. Please don't assume everyone who asks a question is a seasoned tarantula keeper, I am new to the hobby and was referred here for information. I see many posts here with a letter followed by some sort of name. Lesson learned

wago

Arachnopeon
Sorry for the Typo... :bag::banghead:

For some reason i keep mixing up T. sp ‘cusco’ and P. sp ‘Colombia’.
it's OK, but in the future please spell out all the words, and triple check your spelling

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Do you mean Theraphosinae sp. cuzco? Then @KezyGLA's answer here might be helpful. :)
Thats probably the one. thank you!

The spellingni was given (and then passed on to OP) was “Cusco” not “Cuzco” but a 10 second google search shows the same city name has been spelled both ways, and being that it is referring to the city nearest the collection site (i am assuming) i think both spellings have been/are going to be used.

Theraphosinae sp ‘Cusco’ or ‘Cuzco’

Granted i have only been around for a couple years, but First letter of the genus (or family where applicable) followed by the species is pretty standard practice, and IME 99+ percent of the time (barring typos like mine) anybody who understands either the full writeup OR the abbreviated version will understand both.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Granted i have only been around for a couple years, but First letter of the genus (or family where applicable) followed by the species is pretty standard practice, and IME 99+ percent of the time (barring typos like mine) anybody who understands either the full writeup OR the abbreviated version will understand both.
You can abbreviate, sure, but the abbreviated form should not be the only one presented, IMO. "T. sp. Cuzco" if you are not familiar could be Thrixopelma, Theraphosa, Tapinauchenius, Typochlaena, Theraphosinae, Theraphosidae, as well as others I'm probably forgetting. It's best to type out the family/sub-family/genus in full first, at least one time, then abbreviate afterwards to reduce confusion.

sasker

Arachnoprince
perhaps a link for a care sheet
Haha! Caresheet! :troll:

You can abbreviate, sure, but the abbreviated form should not be the only one presented
I think that is officially the rule in scientific papers as well.

@wago If you are not an experienced keeper, perhaps you might find it easier to start with a species that is more commonly available with more available care information.

wago

Arachnopeon

@wago If you are not an experienced keeper, perhaps you might find it easier to start with a species that is more commonly available with more available care information.
Care sheet troll....nice...I was curious about a tarantula. I had been warned about coming here (Arachnoboards) for information. Had the information I was seeking been readily available elsewhere, I would not have placed myself in your crosshairs and set myself up for ridicule. Thank you so much sasker for confirming what others have said about this group. I couldn't feel more welcome

cold blood

Staff member
Care sheet troll....nice...I was curious about a tarantula. I had been warned about coming here (Arachnoboards) for information. Had the information I was seeking been readily available elsewhere, I would not have placed myself in your crosshairs and set myself up for ridicule. Thank you so much sasker for confirming what others have said about this group. I couldn't feel more welcome
He was joking...hence the troll emoji....just a funny, no need to take offense.:)

sasker

Arachnoprince
Thank you so much sasker for confirming what others have said about this group.
I think you misunderstood my joke. It wasn't directed at you and not meant to ridicule you, but I understand why you didn't get it. Whenever someone asks for a caresheet, the usual response is that caresheets by definition are wrong. I was surprised that no-one brought it up, so I did, as a joke. And yes, the troll emoji means "don't take whatever written before it seriously".

I do apologise if it made you feel uncomfortable.

what others have said about this group.
Whoever has lurked this site long enough will know that honest requests by people with a positive mindset will not prompt an unpleasant reaction. Those who come here with an unpleasant attitude will be responded to accordingly. Perhaps you have listened to the wrong people :D

DSmith11

Arachnopeon
Thank you for your response. Please don't assume everyone who asks a question is a seasoned tarantula keeper, I am new to the hobby and was referred here for information. I see many posts here with a letter followed by some sort of name. Lesson learned
1000000000%%%%%%% majority of arachnoboard

DSmith11

Arachnopeon

What's wrong with "caresheets" they are general rules or general guidelines to follow when taking care of an animal. And when you ask someone hoe to take care of an animal what are they giving you? General rules🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm dieing🤣🤣🤣