1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P. sazimai

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by crystalfreakkk, Apr 16, 2018.

1. crystalfreakkk

crystalfreakkk Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    I posted this under a different thread but I didn't get the quick response I was hoping for and the thread didn't give me any ideas for my enclosure.

I just want to get some ideas on what decorations I should incorporate into their enclosures. What kind of plants are found there, whether I should put in rocks or not. Whether I should put in levels using substrate, and how deep the substrate should be for them. Sorry if this thread ends up being removed or moved to another thread, I don't mean to be too impatient.

2. Ztesch

Ztesch Arachnosquire

I would at least use 2 to 3 inches of sub as some of them will burrow. Give them a hide, water dish and If you want to add decorations go for it. Just dont put too much stuff in there.

3. crystalfreakkk

Right, I don’t want to crowd the T but I just want to add elements of their natural environment.

4. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Have you looked up where they are from, I would start there.

5. crystalfreakkk

Lol yes. They come from an “ecological island” in the Chapada Diamantina National Park in Brazil. But like is it all rock? It mostly shows big rock plateaus. But people kinda frown upon putting such hard surfaces in an enclosure so they don’t get hurt, but if they have it in nature and survive..?

6. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Yes they do frown on it. The truth is exotics are often babied by owners- myself included at times. However, there are many species that live in the desert or scrubland, and have been found to live under and AMONG rocks, not burrows in soil.