p. sazimai care HELP

PsyC

Arachnosquire
Hey guys. I just got my 1st p. Sazimai today. Its a sling with 1cm lengh. Any tips about how do to keep her/him?

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys. I just got my 1st p. Sazimai today. Its a sling with 1cm lengh. Any tips about how do to keep her/him?
I keep my slings on deep, damp substrate (it stays very wet where they are from). They burrow, so make sure you give them some depth. As mine have both hit about .75-1", they will each be getting a bottle cap water dish this weekend. The temps in my house have been between about 74-80, and mine have been eating well and growing fairly fast.

PsyC

Arachnosquire
I keep my slings on deep, damp substrate (it stays very wet where they are from). They burrow, so make sure you give them some depth. As mine have both hit about .75-1", they will each be getting a bottle cap water dish this weekend. The temps in my house have been between about 74-80, and mine have been eating well and growing fairly fast.
Thanks for the tips :)
I just got her last night. She hasnt made a burrow yet

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What info did you learn about this species before you acquired it?

parthicus

Arachnopeon
As Tomoran also said, I would say keep the substrate moist but not overflowing with water. Also allow alot of substrate to accommodate borrowing. In nature, they basically close there borrow shut because of the rain water, hence the need for the substrate.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haven't learn almost nothing. Couldnt find any videos or info
You're very welcome.

Was the tarantula an unexpected freebie? What viper69 is getting at is, in the future, it would be more prudent to do the research before you already have the tarantula in your possession. If a Google search or using the search function on the boards doesn't yield anything substantial, it's always best to query folks before you buy. That way, you have the tarantula set up correctly from the start and don't accidentally kill it due to incorrect husbandry.

Enjoy your P. sazimai; they are quite the lookers.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haven't learn almost nothing. Couldnt find any videos or info
I find that impossible to believe actually, I typed in P sazimai into google.com and came up with

"About 1,970 results (0.38 seconds)"

Now granted some are duplicates, some are images, and some may not be easily found as you are in Portugal, so a different set of links will pop up. So the fact you couldn't find anything is truly unbelievable.

Good luck with your T, they are beautiful, it's going to need all the luck it can get.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's not hard at all. Little enclosure with an honest ventilation (don't fall into the "slings housed in huge enclosures").
Slightly moist substrate (add 5/6 cm of substrate, btw) and you're done. Then as a juvenile, you can re-house him/her and the care isn't so difficult.. just a bit more humidity than an Acanthoscurria sp.

PsyC

Arachnosquire
It's not hard at all. Little enclosure with an honest ventilation (don't fall into the "slings housed in huge enclosures").
Slightly moist substrate (add 5/6 cm of substrate, btw) and you're done. Then as a juvenile, you can re-house him/her and the care isn't so difficult.. just a bit more humidity than an Acanthoscurria sp.
Do they burrow before they molt? Because when i was doing the daily check, I noticed that the enclosure was empty.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well either that or it went for a walk.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Do they burrow before they molt? Because when i was doing the daily check, I noticed that the enclosure was empty.
A lot of slings loves to burrow, this is how they survive. Psalmopoeus cambridgei slings, all of mines, burrowed (and they are arboreals, as you know).
The important thing is to have a good ventilation and moist substrate because they are delicate, more than juvenile/adults.
Sorry but.. the enclosure is empty only when the T isn't inside IMO.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine burrowed almost immediately, adapting to burrows I started in the corners of their enclosures. Overnight, they had both dug to the bottom. One has since molted twice; once in the burrow and once on the surface. The other one molted on the surface both times.