P. regalis bad molt!

Danvie

Arachnopeon
Hey all! My P regalis 1 inch sling had a bad molt a few weeks back and It's only now that I'm concerning about it. One of her legs are bent and she isn't able to walk with it. Her other legs are deformed looking and quite small. I can tell it isn't comfortable walking as it's very lethargic and clumsy. I thought it wouldd be fine and i just wanted to wait for the next molt but it seems to me that it isn't eating? She just runs away from food all the time and it's been about 3 weeks, I also left chopped up mealworms but she isnt taking those either! What do I do?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it looks about the same size as it was before the molt.. so I'm wondering if it will be smaller overall than it should be at adult size because of that one bad molt?

Last edited:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hey all! My P regalis 1 inch sling had a bad molt a few weeks back and It's only now that I'm concerning about it. One of her legs are bent and she isn't able to walk with it. Her other legs are deformed looking and quite small. I can tell it isn't comfortable walking as it's very lethargic and clumsy. I thought it wouldd be fine and i just wanted to wait for the next molt but it seems to me that it isn't eating? She just runs away from food all the time and it's been about 3 weeks, I also left chopped up mealworms but she isnt taking those either! What do I do?
Post some pics.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Well I will try to when it's in a better position because right now its not very visible and I don't want to stress it out anymore!
Tarantulas have the ability to self amputate, which means they can lose a few legs and grow them back without issue. As long as your spiders chelicerae and abdomen aren't damaged it should survive.

cold blood

Staff member
I forgot to mention that it looks about the same size as it was before the molt.. so I'm wondering if it will be smaller overall than it should be at adult size because of that one bad molt?
t won't effect adult size...its just a bump in the road.