P. Muticus Molting query.

Methal

Arachnosquire
Is there a way to tell by color, if the King baboon is close to molting?

1 inch sling, "slaps" its food rather than taking it down.

its darker than what I would expect about the color of a old penny. I ask because it has never molted while in my care. Normally my pre-molt Tarantula's ignore food, or run from it when in pre-molt. This one just follows it around the enclosure repeatedly slapping at it.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
uwotm8?

and personally i'd love to see intellectually superior OBT's stuck in a giant enclosure with all the US Politicians. I'd pay to see that.
That'd be beautiful. I'd pay lots of money to see that.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I'll be chilling with my Asian obligates. After I somehow managed to kill an OBT (died during a molt) I decided baboons aren't for me.

cold blood

Staff member
I'll be chilling with my Asian obligates. After I somehow managed to kill an OBT (died during a molt) I decided baboons aren't for me.
That's like sayin': "I walked across the street and tripped in a pothole, twisted my ankle...so I decided to give up going in the street, I will just stay on my block forever:) Cause keeping a baboon alive is about as difficult as crossing the street...not something you should expect to have issues with in the future, the first was a fluke.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
That's like sayin': "I walked across the street and tripped in a pothole, twisted my ankle...so I decided to give up going in the street, I will just stay on my block forever:) Cause keeping a baboon alive is about as difficult as crossing the street...not something you should expect to have issues with in the future, the first was a fluke.
Well ill get to try again Tuesday, as I'm getting a freebie C. darlingi with my P. metallica

Methal

Arachnosquire
Happy to report, in this case it very well may have been pre-molt behavior. Dunno bout the color. Shes not done molting just yet, found her on her back doing her thing this morning =)

Last edited:

crlovel

Arachnopeon
Well ill get to try again Tuesday, as I'm getting a freebie C. darlingi with my P. metallica
If you can kill an OBT, clearly, you have no business owning any other baboon. I'll give you my address, and you can send that poor helpless sweet darlingi to me.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
If you can kill an OBT, clearly, you have no business owning any other baboon. I'll give you my address, and you can send that poor helpless sweet darlingi to me.
It'll be my little darling! and I will raise it, and love it, and dress it up.