P. miranda escape update...

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
After almost 40 days on the run I have found my P. miranda. I was in my kitchen this evening and saw my little guy (1.5") staring at me from the bottom of the sink. It traveled a fair distance considering my kitchen is on the opposite side of the house from where I keep my spiders. It seems to be doing well, but I have no idea of its condition. It appears to have fed since its escape. I still have it in the catch cup with a spritz of water. I am thinking of trying to feed it before I move it to a more secure home than its first. Really glad to have it home... I sure hope its healthy enough to make it...

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow! I do like stories with happy endings, congrats on finding it.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
he'll be fine. considering your location in OK, the temps there are okay right now to support all types of arachnids. And the local bug life should be out and about now, and I can all but guarantee that he ate while he was out. There's plenty of spots for him to get water when he has free roam of a house. I'm glad it was a happy ending, good job in not flushing him down the sink drain!

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for your reply, however as of now its not looking too good. The spider is just hanging by its back two legs from a piece of cork bark with its other legs scrunched up next to it. Very sluggish and not so responsive... I am just going to put it in a dark, quiet place and leave it alone to see what happens... It seemed to be moving ok when I captured it but has gone down hill since.. No injuries at all that I can see....

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess its possible... however, I haven't sprayed anything in a very long time. When I did spray it was only in isolated spots. It has taken a more traditional position on the corkbark this evening so I am gaining a little more confidence. I used the same corkbark that was in the enclosure previously hoping it might have some familiar webbing on it. I don't know if that even helps them settle in faster but I thought I would try.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Glad you found him, I bet that was a bit of a surprise. Hope he pulls through and gets back to health ok :)

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sure hope the little guy pulls through. I always give my T's something familiar and I always see them on it anew.

Do let us know how it does, I'll be hoping for the best and total congrats on finding him.