P Miranda colony?

sbullet

Arachnoknight
I too have read several instances where P. Striata has done fine communally, but maybe he has tried and was unsuccessful Philth?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I too have read several instances where P. Striata has done fine communally, but maybe he has tried and was unsuccessful Philth?
I'm a bit confused:?, if your referring to why I asked Protectyaaaneck why he included P. striata as one that does not do well as a communal set up, he answered my question here...

Hey tom, that's great to hear! I'm glad that you have a striata communal, please keep us updated as to what happens with them as they get larger. The only reason I placed striata in that category is because I've come across information at one point or another that backed it up. I'll have to do a bit of digging to find it again, but that's just what I remember from doing some research on Poecilotheria communals in the past.
Sorry if I misunderstood your question.
Later, Tom

mcwalkin

Arachnopeon
Probably a late response, but I have seen a lot of Metallica communal enclosures and they do grea. They are also the most docile of all pokies

JZC

Arachnobaron
I would love to do a p.metallica communal one day, or see one done. Gorgeous Ts.

JadeWilliamson

Arachnoknight
They are also the most docile of all pokies
Tread lightly. I've seen subfusca that are more handleable than B smithi and I've seen P metallica that are more vicious than my C marshalli. Individuals vary greatly!

My $0.02:
My P miranda is afraid of her own shadow. I've heard that this timidity is a huge factor in their ability to succeed in groups. I have 12 P regalis slings together and they're doing just fine, despite being potentially ferocious as adults. Thanks for the pictures, Protectyaaaneck!