1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P Metallica sling stuck in molt. Help needed

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Abe yowakim, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Abe yowakim

Abe yowakim Tarantulas are misunderstood, like me. Arachnosupporter

Advertisement

My p Metallica roughly 1” stuck in molt for over 24 hours. It hardly moves and I have placed it in an icu. I wet a q tip and tried to moisten the back and she/he wiggles as well. So still alive but stuck I believe. Needing some extra advice on anything I can do. Thanks in advance

2. Abe yowakim

Ps: carapace back seems to be already popped off.

3. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

• Like Like x 1
  4. Abe yowakim

Thank you, I’ll try to do what I can, but as you said it’s hard on a sling so small because it’s so delicate.

The hard part is figuring out which part I need to brush off still.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2019
  5. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

You’ll have to try and follow the seam made by the opening in the carapace. Sometimes you might have to actually cut the exoskeleton away with something like cuticle scissors.

6. Abe yowakim

I removed all but the book lungs, seems they are really on there but she doesn’t seem to be moving anymore :(. I fear she has lost the energy to push through it but going to see none the less

• Sad Sad x 1
  7. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron Active Member

Never seen a sling that size take that long to molt, it is probably not going to make it sadly.

8. Abe yowakim

After hours of trying to save it, the sling unfortunately passed. I have preserved it in a glass vial to commemorate its life. Rip little dude. :(

• Sad Sad x 4