1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P Metallica Questions

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by ftorres, Oct 18, 2007.

1. ftorres

ftorres Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    HEllo All,

I would like to know, when will a P metallica sling start getting its blue coloration????

What size?
    What instar?

Any one has any pics???

thanks
    ftorres.

2. Anastasia

Anastasia Arachnoprince

US
    ~2"LS u will start seen nice blues
    [​IMG]

3. ftorres

ftorres Arachnobaron Old Timer

P metallica

Hello,
    Cool picture, thanks for the info.
    ftorres.

4. Yep right about 2" is when this guy started showing some color, mine was 5th instar on this molt.

[​IMG]

5. Cocoa-Jin

Cocoa-Jin Arachnobaron

man i want to get one of these so bad...if i was able to convince the wife, where/who would I go to get one...I hear that they're hard to get is an under statement.

6. At the moment yes they are hard to get. But wait till mid spring and I bet there will be more egg sacs and that means more young for sale. From last year to this year the price took a nice nose dive, although they won't get much cheaper then 100-150 for a small sling I don't think.

7. Cocoa-Jin

Cocoa-Jin Arachnobaron

Well if anyone has any P. Metallicas at some point let me know. PM or something.

8. *sigh* mine always just looks blackish, even at 4". I think it must be my horrible lighting. :(

9. Yeah hopefully I am getting one soon. We'll see! *fingers crossed*

10. Steven.WK

Steven.WK Arachnoknight

USA
    Maybe you got the black morph. Those are really nice too.

Mine stays very blue until they are about to molt. Then they are brownish.