P. metallica premolt?

mcap

Arachnopeon
IMG_1631.JPG
Hi! I recently received a P. metallica it's about 3" not sure if male or female. I'm new to this. I owned a c. darlingi when I was younger but that's it.

I was just wondering if my T is in premolt. It recently webbed the entrance to a hide I left in its enclosure (there are pieces of wood there too but no round hollow). It's also looked rather dark. I've only had it for a few days.

I want to remove the hide so it can climb up the wooden pieces I placed in the enclosure. Would that be a bad idea?

* removed the uneaten mealworm from the mouth of the hide
IMG_1626.JPG

Last edited:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
View attachment 249044
Hi! I recently received a P. metallica it's about 3" not sure if male or female. I'm new to this. I owned a c. darlingi when I was younger but that's it.

I was just wondering if my T is in premolt. It recently webbed the entrance to a hide I left in its enclosure (there are pieces of wood there too but no round hollow). It's also looked rather dark. I've only had it for a few days.

I want to remove the hide so it can climb up the wooden pieces I placed in the enclosure. Would that be a bad idea?

View attachment 249043
Sounds like pre molt, no need to remove the hide or switch any thing around. Just leave it be.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince

No need to remove anything in the enclosure, the P. met does appear to be in pre-molt from what you're describing and the pictures provided, nothing to worry about pal. Just leave it in peace.

mcap

Arachnopeon
Thank you! I am calm now hahaha
No need to remove anything in the enclosure, the P. met does appear to be in pre-molt from what you're describing and the pictures provided, nothing to worry about pal. Just leave it in peace.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
It's a bit sparse. Do you have any plans to add some fake plants/vines to give your T some more cover?

mcap

Arachnopeon
I'm planning to add some fake plants. I just wanted to move it out of the container I got it in right away. But still thank you for the advice!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Add a water dish. And dampen it a little. They don't live in conditions that dry.

mcap

Arachnopeon
Add a water dish. And dampen it a little. They don't live in conditions that dry.
The humidity in the room is already at 72% (I'm in the Philippines) will I still need a water dish or will misting be ok?