P.metallica male size

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
So im kinda in a pickle here.i bought a P.metallica sling a year ago and its now a solid 3.5”.it molted last year,around nov to dec cant remember the exact date.and it turned out to be a male.any idea how big they can go?most sizes given on google searches are usually for females and since most Ts exhibit sexual dimorphism, i cant rely on that.

I’d probably try to trade it to my dealer to a new p.met sling/s,not sure if he’d take it.but business wise,its a good trade for him. But I just love how striking the intensity of blue color my male has. im not sure if the intensity of the blue would be the same for females, any ideas on this? since as far as my research goes,the only thing i got to know is that some female species have a more dull coloring than their counterparts,not sure if pokies had this kind of characteristic.

I’d really want to score a female one,but only if i was the one that raised it from sling stage. Since, and im sure almost everyone of you would agree with me to this, it feels more rewarding when you get a sling to adult stage. :p

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
So im kinda in a pickle here.i bought a P.metallica sling a year ago and its now a solid 3.5”.it molted last year,around nov to dec cant remember the exact date.and it turned out to be a male.any idea how big they can go?most sizes given on google searches are usually for females and since most Ts exhibit sexual dimorphism, i cant rely on that.

I’d probably try to trade it to my dealer to a new p.met sling/s,not sure if he’d take it.but business wise,its a good trade for him. But I just love how striking the intensity of blue color my male has. im not sure if the intensity of the blue would be the same for females, any ideas on this? since as far as my research goes,the only thing i got to know is that some female species have a more dull coloring than their counterparts,not sure if pokies had this kind of characteristic.

I’d really want to score a female one,but only if i was the one that raised it from sling stage. Since, and im sure almost everyone of you would agree with me to this, it feels more rewarding when you get a sling to adult stage. :p
Mature Male P.metallica are very vibrantly colored, not dull at all. They mature in 5-6" range. Not the largest poecs out there.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The blue is stunning in females as well. Google pairing pics for side by side comparison. Some females turn dark, almost black, as they age. Still pretty cool looking tho.

I took this with bad lighting, through a plastic side. With no flash. IMG_20180111_205434538.jpg

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Mature Male P.metallica are very vibrantly colored, not dull at all. They mature in 5-6" range. Not the largest poecs out there.
With that estimate, would it be safe to say that there isnt mich difference in size between a male and a female?

And do you have any idea about the male life span from sling stage?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
With that estimate, would it be safe to say that there isnt mich difference in size between a male and a female?

And do you have any idea about the male life span from sling stage?
Females will typically grow to be larger in the long term. Although I have seen some males mature out huge, it can go either way, lots of variables. Life expectancy should be somewhere around 5-6 years for males from sling to adulthood.