P. irminia webbing it up

UniqueUserName

Arachnopeon
My new sling is making its rounds around the deli cup, putting its web everywhere. Also, while I was watching it, I blinked and the darn thing disappeared! I now know what you guys mean by saying they transport. Super exciting though. :)

kcuB yrogerG

Arachnopeon
I love P. Irminia, definitely in my top list of T's if I ever have to make one. Beautiful, fast, and great webbers.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sounds like a happy sling! I don't have an irminia, but I have a cambridgei and he is a creative little fella!

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
once an irminia is hardened and fully recovered from a molt, what a sight to see. i love the jet-black and striking oranges :drunk:

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
How do you feed your sling when they make a dirt curtain? Do you hold the prey by the entrance and see if the sling responds?
I just pre-kill and leave it near an entrance (they usually have at least 1 entrance to their dirt curtains, usually 2 or 3 though), a good way to tell if they're in pre-moult is if they close off all the entrances with webbing.

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine has a made a horizontal tunnel around its vertical cork bark hide. I've never seen one do that before. It looks pretty cool, I'll try to get a decent pic soon.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
I love psalmopoeus, in my experience each individual greatly has it's own preference weather being seclusive, or prominently displayed within its enclosure except for the species irminia which in general is purely seclusive (one again my own experience) but when they do come out it is deffinatly rewarding to see.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
How do you feed your sling when they make a dirt curtain?
If it's roaches you feed just crush the head (i pluck it out with tweezers to be sure) and leave it at the curtain or even better if there's a horizontal part of their webbing they can approach easily (like an entrance to a web tunnel) just leave it there, the roach is going to get stuck on the web and jerk around and that instantly attracts the arboreal T's to food.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
One time I watched my largest cam do a three sixty and simultaneously catch two crickets before they hit the ground, crazy good hunters. They are also one of the few species i have seen actively pursue the prey...not sit and wait like most others.

UniqueUserName

Arachnopeon
This is all good to know. My B. albo never really hunts. When it was a sling the roach would crawl right into its burrow. Pretty much does the same thing now that he’s almost 4”. My C. versi only hunts at night so I never see it.

cold blood

Staff member
One time I watched my largest cam do a three sixty and simultaneously catch two crickets before they hit the ground, crazy good hunters. They are also one of the few species i have seen actively pursue the prey...not sit and wait like most others.
Definitely pro-active hunters.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
This is all good to know. My B. albo never really hunts. When it was a sling the roach would crawl right into its burrow. Pretty much does the same thing now that he’s almost 4”. My C. versi only hunts at night so I never see it.
Probably just a skittish specimen, I have a few that refuse to eat in my presence...but will pretty much take prey as soon as i leave the room.

I always come back and see them feasting lol.

I just pre-kill and leave it near an entrance (they usually have at least 1 entrance to their dirt curtains, usually 2 or 3 though), a good way to tell if they're in pre-moult is if they close off all the entrances with webbing.
I just received my first irminia as a juvenile 2.5 " unsexed and as soon as I put what I am presuming is a her in her enclorsure she immediately webbed a curtain by the next morning and when I got home I put a superworm into the curtain and she didn't react one bit. Is she in premolt?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Could still be settling into the enclosure, could be pre-moult, could've just frozen as a fear response (you'd probably cack yourself if some gigantic monstrosity smashed a rabbit through your window and dangled it right in front of your face the day after you moved into the gaff too lol).

If you're not sure then pre-kill the prey and leave it outside one of the dirt curtain entrances, tarantulas will happily scavenge, if you can't tell where that is then just leave it in close proximity to the dirt curtain and remove after 24hrs if not eaten.

AlbaArachnids92

Arachnoknight
Could still be settling into the enclosure, could be pre-moult, could've just frozen as a fear response (you'd probably cack yourself if some gigantic monstrosity smashed a rabbit through your window and dangled it right in front of your face the day after you moved into the gaff too lol).
Analogy of the year contender :rofl: