P. Imperator acting weird

Hedduck

Arachnopeon
So my p. Imperator hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks, that's nothing to worry about I know, but he'll readily run out of his burrow when I prod at the entrance and seems to want to eat. However he'll just grab food and immediately release it.

Arachnotroik

Arachnosquire
Try doing a much slower/softer approach in feeding them. In my experience, a lot of forest scorpions do tend to get spooked during feeding time (but not all.), unlike desert scorpions. Or maybe try changing your feeders? My scorpions sometimes releases them when they are too wriggly and shaky. :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've seen them develop some kind of what appears to be a nerve problem and it happens more if the temp is too low for too long. They can seem more active, pinch harder, become more defensive, they then develop the shakes, don't walk well. Sometimes if in the mid 70s or below it becomes a risk but often do fine in the mid 70s also. They do best over here when in the 80sF. But I've also seen them recover from this problem, but they often die.

Hedduck

Arachnopeon
I've seen them develop some kind of what appears to be a nerve problem and it happens more if the temp is too low for too long. They can seem more active, pinch harder, become more defensive, they then develop the shakes, don't walk well. Sometimes if in the mid 70s or below it becomes a risk but often do fine in the mid 70s also. They do best over here when in the 80sF. But I've also seen them recover from this problem, but they often die.
That shouldn't be the problem, I live on the equator and it gets a lot hotter than that

Hedduck

Arachnopeon
Try doing a much slower/softer approach in feeding them. In my experience, a lot of forest scorpions do tend to get spooked during feeding time (but not all.), unlike desert scorpions. Or maybe try changing your feeders? My scorpions sometimes releases them when they are too wriggly and shaky. :)
Thanks, I tried bring the food up slower and he finally ate

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That shouldn't be the problem, I live on the equator and it gets a lot hotter than that
Oh man it should like it there then. Imperators do really well at my house when it's 85F in the bug room. It even gets to 90 at times in that room in the summer and they seem to still do very well when it does.

Hedduck

Arachnopeon
Oh man it should like it there then. Imperators do really well at my house when it's 85F in the bug room. It even gets to 90 at times in that room in the summer and they seem to still do very well when it does.
Ah thanks for the reply regardless, he's just eaten