1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P.formosa breeding.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by chid, Nov 14, 2003.

1. chid

chid Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    Hi.
    I am going to try breeding my formosa's soon, and was wondering if anybody who as bred them before as any info to help me along?
    Thanks
    Chid

2. Lopez

Lopez Arachnoking Old Timer

Hi Chid

Speak to Ray, he will give you all the information you'll need, having bred these several times.

PS, as an aside, your male fimbriatus has been co-habiting a large tank with my female all week :eek: They seem to show very little aggression to one another.
    I've not actually seen them mate but they generally do so at night, when I'm at work.

3. chid

chid Arachnoknight

Leon.
    Good idea, I'll get on to him. Good luck with the fimbriatus hope he does the biz.
    Chid

4. DR zuum

DR zuum ArachnoAntigen Old Timer

Good humidity 50 to 60% warmth 84 feed well before hand, introduce male during the day.( i leave mine in,but im also working with a 60 gal tall tank, theres others that use 2 on 3 off for the males) It should go smooth, if she accepts him.Watch the sac when she makes it, if you dont intend to go artificial.One female i had ate the sac every time and it wasnt bad.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  5. manville

manville Arachnoking Old Timer

that gotta suck if it keeps eating it..

6. DR zuum

DR zuum ArachnoAntigen Old Timer

just that one female,it was not too cool, the other one was just fine,but i pull all now, regardless and do it myself.